• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I can't believe I'm somewhat defending Charlie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

But I was thinking about when I spent a night at the Aloft in Downtown Tallahassee a couple of years ago.  The LSU Softball team was staying there for regionals.  I got to talking to the staff. The head coach of LSU is best friends with Ken.  I asked him point blank, why can't the US National coach have a powerhouse program at USF.  Without hesitation he said facilities.     Charlie doesn't have the facilities at USF.  Actually all of our facilities except hoops suck at USF.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, goingbackbull said:

But I was thinking about when I spent a night at the Aloft in Downtown Tallahassee a couple of years ago.  The LSU Softball team was staying there for regionals.  I got to talking to the staff. The head coach of LSU is best friends with Ken.  I asked him point blank, why can't the US National coach have a powerhouse program at USF.  Without hesitation he said facilities.     Charlie doesn't have the facilities at USF.  Actually all of our facilities except hoops suck at USF.  

I don’t support CCS at all but our facilities are weak. Just look at the football weight room and compare that to 90% of FBS teams. Hell, FAU will doing some amazing things with their football facilities next month. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Not a bad point, but Charlie's issues are much much deeper than facilities.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

I just dont see how improving the facilities will improve Charlie. he had way better facilities at Texas and still couldn't do anything with it.

Unlimited resources and he still couldn't get the job done at Texas. Facilities won't help Charlie but they may help our next HC

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

joaquin phoenix smile GIF

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, BayIslandBull said:

Part of the problem is that too many people think that our sh_t don't stink. We can't build an OCS unless it's $250 million, or an indoor practice facility unless it's $40 million.  We have been our own worst enemies. 

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Part of the problem is that too many people think that our sh_t don't stink. We can't build an OCS unless it's $250 million, or an indoor practice facility unless it's $40 million.  We have been our own worst enemies. 

It's a fair point.  The whole IPF was more like 60-80 million with conference rooms and what not lol.  40 million is only stage 1.