• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I can't believe I'm somewhat defending Charlie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

There was a building proposed between the baseball and softball stadiums between RF in the baseball and LF of the softball.  Locker rooms and offices IIRC.  Guy pulled the $1 million promised.  Same happened with the golf facility when the guy's kid didn't get into our med school.  Crappy stuff.  If you promise something you follow through - no conditions.  Either give or don't. 

It's the way it is.  Many of those donations have strings attached of some kind or another.

They do need to complete that building though, hopefully with a weight room facility.  The walk to their locker rooms is ridiculous

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, chapelbull said:

It's the way it is.  Many of those donations have strings attached of some kind or another.

They do need to complete that building though, hopefully with a weight room facility.  The walk to their locker rooms is ridiculous

Have not heard anything about it recently. Believe it won't happen unless someone steps up.

Just now, Ghostbuster said:

I'm not saying Blake is bad at all. Nor am I specifically saying the coaches should have started Jordan over Blake this year.  I was going back to last year and saying the coaching staff could have placed their bets smarter when it came to picking the QB whose playstyle fit our team best.  Blake is pro style while our previous QB and backups at the time were more mobile (referring to Chris O and McCloud, honestly don't remember Kean enough). 

Hindsight is 20/20 but the coaches bet on Blake (pro style) and look where it got us: a late season collapse, an injured Blake and disgruntled backups who ended up leaving. 

Fast forward to this year.  They chose Blake again and he got hurt again in this offense.... an offense KB tailored to him in the off-season.  Instead of say focusing on (keeping) Chris O and McCloud whose skillsets would be more interchangeable, we had Blake and McCloud who fundamentally are at odds.

So now everyone loses because their skillsets can't be maximized, either because we don't have the personnel to run the offense right or the schemes were meant for another type of player.

So my point was another coach might have had a different plan, might have been able to recognize the scheme wasn't going to fit the players, and done things differently.

Chris O and Kean were not good either, but either one would probably be a better option than what we are seeing currently

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Have not heard anything about it recently. Believe it won't happen unless someone steps up.

Time for another TBP fundraiser @Brad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Did we every hit 10K?  

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Did we every hit 10K?  

I dont think so

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Chris O and Kean were not good either, but either one would probably be a better option than what we are seeing currently

I'm not gonna lie and say they impressed, but I wholeheartedly believe they were sandbagged by the fact neither was officially the number 2.  You can't split reps in practice and get into a rythym with receivers.  You also can't swap QBs in-game the way they did last year and expect them to do well.  That coupled with the fact the OC didn't know how to use an offense with Flowers right gives me doubts the coaches could develop the backups.

I think Chris O has done well since he went to Samford (which is hard to use as reference point since it's lower division, but at least it shows he didn't do worse).  And yes, having him still as a QB now would probably be better than going to a walk on at QB...which is where we are headed.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

27 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Someone said VPoA Kelly all about "incremental" donations... Assuming that means all the small stuff too... Kind of like the board's IPF donation.

Maybe we should set up a GoFundMe for Charlie Strong's buyout.  Too bad we don't know what the actual goal would be.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

I don't care who is recruited, there should be some signs of improvement. Unless we're recruiting players with the same mindset as CCS. Come in, put in the minimum effort required to collect an education (pay check) and go home.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

14 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I get chills, bad chills, thinking of what we saw from both of them in their limited time last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  12,144
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, bullsfan27 said:

I just dont see how improving the facilities will improve Charlie. he had way better facilities at Texas and still couldn't do anything with it.

They both suck. One is getting improved and one is isn't.