• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game changers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

A guy that came into the season as a sure fire 4th rounder that some were saying IF he had a big season might sneak into the 1st round. THAT guy is "lulling" teams into thinking he is only a blocker? 

Wilcox is the #1 mismatch that we have on offense but our OC has never really utilized the TE before and is having problems incorporating him into the offense. 

At his current pace (and if you throw in a 13th game like he got last year) he's going to have more TDs this season than in the rest of his career combined and finish about 50 yards short of last season. Add to that, there's a functional TE2 on the roster siphoning off a little of the catches and yards. If you took 50 of Mathis's yards away and a couple catches and gave them to Wilcox, we wouldn't even be having this conversation since he'd look like this in 2019.

6 games

14 catches - on pace for 30+

280 yards - on pace for 600+

4 TDs - on pace for 8+

The only way Wilcox is getting into the first round is if the other TEs falter sliding him up the board, because there's nothing more he could do than what he has already and was graded a 3rd rounder. Well, that's not entirely true, he could show off his run blocking abilities so that whoever does draft him can see that he's not just a pass catcher.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Special teams and KB’s run offense 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

48 minutes ago, puc86 said:

KB seems to be having trouble incorporating offense into his offense. Yesterday continued his streak of producing absolutely nothing since he has been here until he completely abandoned his offense all together. 

McCloud may be taking credit for shifting the offense:

“I got banged up in the second or third drive — I got a bad stinger when I was running up the middle,” McCloud said. “After that, I talked to coach. I said we could pass it, ‘let’s just try to get the running game going to help me out a little bit.'”

From The Oracle

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Brad said:

From The Oracle

He is gonna be one hell of a QB in the next few seasons 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

From The Oracle

First Flowers has to explain to CWT his offense sucks and needed to change and now McCloud has to beg KB to stop trying to get him murdered and run something that has a prayer of actually working. We need to stop wasting millions of dollars on no talent hacks and just pay our QBs a proper living wage.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

43 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

He is gonna be one hell of a QB in the next few seasons 

I hope your right but nothing so far makes me think this. I can be convinced though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,262
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I am beginning to think that you may not be  a KB fan,  he improvised which is a nice quality in an OC, becoming less impressed with each outing but not ready to write him off...yet.

I mean he adjustments during a game which already puts him ahead of Strong.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

First Flowers has to explain to CWT his offense sucks and needed to change and now McCloud has to beg KB to stop trying to get him murdered and run something that has a prayer of actually working. We need to stop wasting millions of dollars on no talent hacks and just pay our QBs a proper living wage.

Is that our work around for paying players?  Let them play for free but pay them to coach.

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Is that our work around for paying players?  Let them play for free but pay them to coach.

It was my inspiration since they seem to have done a better job of it since we fired the only coach we ever had.

54 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I mean he adjustments during a game which already puts him ahead of Strong.

I guess that it’s nice that when he was playing a team that cannot stop the run and he runs a system based upon a passing game that cannot pass and he has injured every single qb that’s on the roster and the only one that is still willing to go in in spite of his injuries says “hey coach do you mind trying something different that isn’t going to get me killed and maybe able to produce results unlike anything you have actually called since we are about to lose another game to a bad team for no explicable reason” that he makes an adjustment away from his three and out offense designed to help the other team score fast and often but what would be even better would be game planning for something that has a prayer of working every week.