• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game changers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Opened this thread to see & weigh in on the USF game changers.  After a few pages, it turned to "KB sux, no he doesn't".

In addition to the players named earlier, I like Macon, Studstill and Weaver.  I feel bad for McDoom, as he was wide open for 2 TD bombs...and badly missed.  I also feel for St. Felix, as we're wasting him.

Kudos to the OL for finally getting pissed & asserting its will v the BYU line.  If they get nasty & win most battles, we could do very well.

Now...back to the exhausting back & forth on Kerwin Bell 🙂

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Either way, we did beat a team that we are at least in the same ballpark with talent wise.  That alone should be seen as progress.  Its going to take alot more improvent though to beat the better teams left on our schedule.  Right now, dont think we have the HC or talent level to pull that off.  Hope Im wrong.

Exactly. And that's my overall critique of KB. He should be able to beat teams he's got an advantage over. Any decent OC should be able to do that. Check and check against SC State and UConn. We scraped a win against a team we're about equal with, give or take. We looked very bad at times, but he adjusted the game plan and we won. So, bad for the first part of the game, good for the adjustments. We got smoked by Wisconsin and SMU, not so good. GA Tech... It should have looked a lot like BYU. Some good, some bad. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Exactly. And that's my overall critique of KB. He should be able to beat teams he's got an advantage over. Any decent OC should be able to do that. Check and check against SC State and UConn. We scraped a win against a team we're about equal with, give or take. We looked very bad at times, but he adjusted the game plan and we won. So, bad for the first part of the game, good for the adjustments. We got smoked by Wisconsin and SMU, not so good. GA Tech... It should have looked a lot like BYU. Some good, some bad. 

I think we mostly agree.  He did make the adjustments at halftime which is what good coaches do.  So thats a good sign and there is hope here.

The Ga Tech was just a huge fail on so many levels.  There is blame to be handed out all over not just KB.

Look im not 100% sold on KB yet.  Although im cautiously optimistic after what he accomplished with JU and VSU.  Although this is a higher level of football.  Maybe he needs a little time to adjust.  CCS i have almost no confidence anymore.  But he still has the rest of the year to turn me and most of us around.  Doubting it but hoping.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think we mostly agree.  He did make the adjustments at halftime which is what good coaches do.  So thats a good sign and there is hope here.

The Ga Tech was just a huge fail on so many levels.  There is blame to be handed out all over not just KB.

Look im not 100% sold on KB yet.  Although im cautiously optimistic after what he accomplished with JU and VSU.  Although this is a higher level of football.  Maybe he needs a little time to adjust.  CCS i have almost no confidence anymore.  But he still has the rest of the year to turn me and most of us around.  Doubting it but hoping.

The problem is he has no time and if being successful in his offense requires it CCS and him should have looked for a better fit,    the nature of our situation is they don’t have time and better figure out a way to win with this group of players right now.