• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game changers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I guess that it’s nice that when he was playing a team that cannot stop the run and he runs a system based upon a passing game that cannot pass and he has injured every single qb that’s on the roster and the only one that is still willing to go in in spite of his injuries says “hey coach do you mind trying something different that isn’t going to get me killed and maybe able to produce results unlike anything you have actually called since we are about to lose another game to a bad team for no explicable reason” that he makes an adjustment away from his three and out offense designed to help the other team score fast and often but what would be even better would be game planning for something that has a prayer of working every week.

Obviously you aren’t watching the game and have no idea about Kerwin Bell’s Offense. Wide receivers were running open all over the field! Mccloud missed a lot of wide open touchdown passes. QBs have got hurt because they don’t get rid of the ball. They hold onto it and run around. CKB Offense at Vsu ran for 260 a game and threw for 260 a game! Very balanced! His offense is a pro style system but is no huddle and runs a lot of spread pass and run game concepts which is the best of both world! All of Vsu players starters at Qb, Rb, and wr were all sophomore and freshman. Guys he recruited. If you watch the game he calls deep passe , quick passes and everything depending what defense gives him. QBs just haven’t even completed the short passes. First pass of game was a swing pass to Rb that mccloud missed. We should be happy that we have a Oc that actually game plans and makes changes. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Obviously you aren’t watching the game and have no idea about Kerwin Bell’s Offense. Wide receivers were running open all over the field! Mccloud missed a lot of wide open touchdown passes. QBs have got hurt because they don’t get rid of the ball. They hold onto it and run around. CKB Offense at Vsu ran for 260 a game and threw for 260 a game! Very balanced! His offense is a pro style system but is no huddle and runs a lot of spread pass and run game concepts which is the best of both world! All of Vsu players starters at Qb, Rb, and wr were all sophomore and freshman. Guys he recruited. If you watch the game he calls deep passe , quick passes and everything depending what defense gives him. QBs just haven’t even completed the short passes. First pass of game was a swing pass to Rb that mccloud missed. We should be happy that we have a Oc that actually game plans and makes changes. 

Obviously you haven’t watched any of the offense since KB has been here. Against any team not of the FCS variety we have not been able to advance the ball at all. When Barnett was in it was his fault and when McCloud was in it was his fault. The only time anyone can produce in it is when they are not playing against FBS level competition. To date we are 110th in passing and it is entirely on KB for running what is to date the worst scheme we have tried implementing here. 

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Obviously you haven’t watched any of the offense since KB has been here. Against any team not of the FCS variety we have not been able to advance the ball at all. When Barnett was in it was his fault and when McCloud was in it was his fault. The only time anyone can produce in it is when they are not playing against FBS level competition. To date we are 110th in passing and it is entirely on KB for running what is to date the worst scheme we have tried implementing here. 

His offense just ran for 240 yards vs a power 5 team that beat usc and Tennessee who has better players. If mccloud wasn’t hurt or whatever. He missed a lot of open guys and touchdown passes. Ckb is game planning and getting guys open. Just have to hit them. If they hit the wide open wrs could have scored 40 or 50! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

His offense just ran for 240 yards vs a power 5 team that beat usc and Tennessee who has better players. If mccloud wasn’t hurt or whatever. He missed a lot of open guys and touchdown passes. Ckb is game planning and getting guys open. Just have to hit them. If they hit the wide open wrs could have scored 40 or 50! 

This theory isn’t grounded in anything that has actually happened in reality. If I just hit the same wide open balls on power ball as the ones that got picked instead there would be hundreds of millions of dollars difference in my bank account. KB is a perennial 20 year lowest level of football coach and if there was any genius to his plan to set back offenses 20 years he wouldn’t be coaching here.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

This theory isn’t grounded in anything that has actually happened in reality. If I just hit the same wide open balls on power ball as the ones that got picked instead there would be hundreds of millions of dollars difference in my bank account. KB is a perennial 20 year lowest level of football coach and if there was any genius to his plan to set back offenses 20 years he wouldn’t be coaching here.

Ckb liked being a head coach, and liked being in Jacksonville and was getting paid a lot at a fcs school. he moved up on his own. He didn’t work for someone else and get handed a job. Plus he was a lot older when he got into coaches compared to people that do it out of college. He got his opportunity here and he took it! 

2 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Ckb liked being a head coach, and liked being in Jacksonville and was getting paid a lot at a fcs school. he moved up on his own. He didn’t work for someone else and get handed a job. Plus he was a lot older when he got into coaches compared to people that do it out of college. He got his opportunity here and he took it! 

He was only handed a job here because he is friends with CCS, that’s the definition of being handed a job. Prior to this his only movement was getting fired from a non scholarship school and moving down to DII. He is here because he has no great options and the reason that is the case is because to date he has demonstrated that he is not great.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

28 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Lowest level? As in, there is no level below D2?

Just now, JTrue said:

Lowest level? As in, there is no level below D2?

In all fairness I didn’t even know there was a DII until we brought KB on staff.

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He was only handed a job here because he is friends with CCS, that’s the definition of being handed a job. Prior to this his only movement was getting fired from a non scholarship school and moving down to DII. He is here because he has no great options and the reason that is the case is because to date he has demonstrated that he is not great.

Actually didn’t get fired at Jacksonville, just didn’t get contract renewed because they didn’t want to keep pushing football to full scholarship and new president didn’t want to pay him a lot. Funny how he went 9 and 2 that year and went 9 and 2 the year before. By the way since he left Jacksonville has 0 winning season and won 2 games last year! 

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

In all fairness I didn’t even know there was a DII until we brought KB on staff.

That’s bad a lot of nfl players from d2! They call the GSC the SEC of d2! Guys like tyreke Hill, janoris Jenkins, Malcom Butler, Greg reed, Kenny Moore, Malcom Butler, Ryan schaeder, and more. Coaches like mike leach, Dana holgerson, Kirby smart, will muschamp, dc at Houston, dc at Iowa are from Valdosta State!