• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game changers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, JTrue said:

Let's just agree that I can easily find an example and you're never going to accept it. We're both wasting our time.

I agree that there are several examples, let’s also agree that the ratio is probably at best 50:1 so it is a very uncommon approach to hiring and it is not unreasonable to be less certain about it. Once again my issue isn’t low level experience it’s having never had any NFL or FBS experience and there is very few examples of this type of hire when you consider the total number of hires.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I agree that there are several examples, let’s also agree that the ratio is probably at best 50:1 so it is a very uncommon approach to hiring and it is not unreasonable to be less certain about it. Once again my issue isn’t low level experience it’s having never had any NFL or FBS experience and there is very few examples of this type of hire when you consider the total number of hires.

And it's a ******** arbitrary line you've drawn in the sand to justify your initial dislike of the hire. But, you came out of the gates guns blazing with this narrative and, as always, you're digging in. No one is arguing that it's not uncommon. Just like no one would argue drafting a player from D2 is uncommon for an NFL team. But this is the equivalent of you deciding you're pissed at your NFL team for picking a D2 player and then yelling, "D2 players are D2 players because they suck! Don't give me examples of the handful of guys who succeeded, I want to talk about all the players who have ever been drafted that went to D1 schools as proof that D2 players will never work. I don't want to hear about Carson Wentz, Danny Woodhead, and Adam Thielen. They prove nothing."

Edited by JTrue

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And it's a ******** arbitrary line you've drawn in the sand to justify your initial dislike of the hire. But, you came out of the gates guns blazing with this narrative and, as always, you're digging in. No one is arguing that it's not uncommon. Just like no one would argue drafting a player from D2 is uncommon for an NFL team. But this is the equivalent of you deciding you're pissed at your NFL team for picking a D2 player and then yelling, "D2 players are D2 players because they suck! Don't give me examples of the handful of guys who succeeded, I want to talk about all the players who have ever been drafted that went to D1 schools as proof that D2 players will never work. I don't want to hear about Carson Wentz, Danny Woodhead, and Adam Thielen. They prove nothing."

That’s fair. I probably would be upset if my team drafted a DII player early because I believe there is a far less likelihood at success but I do no feel the argument has been how you framed it. I think the majority of people have tried to convince me that this is extremely common but it is clearly not. Having low level experience is in fact common but it typically is mixed with other experience and most OC coordinators are far more seasoned than KB when it comes to higher level coaching. Hopefully he works out and I am the most wrong I have ever been but I think anyone arguing this is doing so more on hope than any sound reason.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

And we can reach different conclusions...

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That’s fair. I probably would be upset if my team drafted a DII player early because I believe there is a far less likelihood at success but I do no feel the argument has been how you framed it. I think the majority of people have tried to convince me that this is extremely common but it is clearly not. Having low level experience is in fact common but it typically is mixed with other experience and most OC coordinators are far more seasoned than KB when it comes to higher level coaching. Hopefully he works out and I am the most wrong I have ever been but I think anyone arguing this is doing so more on hope than any sound reason.

Common? It definitely is. It happens multiple times EVERY YEAR. On par with coaches from D1 schools, no. And not a single person has even remotely tried to make that point. Again, this is pointless even by your standards.

Typical @puc86 comment: NFL teams do not commonly draft players outside D1.

Me: 12 FCS players were drafted in 2019 and 5 more from D2.

@puc86: That's not common. I win.

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

And we can reach different conclusions...

Most people here are perfectly inclusive of every opinion that perfectly falls in line with their personal opinion.

Just now, JTrue said:

Common? It definitely is. It happens multiple times EVERY YEAR. On par with coaches from D1 schools, no. And not a single person has even remotely tried to make that point. Again, this is pointless even by your standards.

Typical @puc86 comment: NFL teams do not commonly draft players outside D1.

Me: 12 FCS players were drafted in 2019 and 5 more from D2.

@puc86: That's not common. I win.

That’s around 3 percent and is the definition of uncommon and not something you would want to practice as your norm if you ever dream of having any success (also the average position rate is probably considerably hire too meaning that you are less likely to be great than someone earning their chops in the p5). I  gave you that it probably happens at that rate for coaching advancement as well and is obviously not a tried and true way for finding successful coaches. 

Just now, puc86 said:

That’s around 3 percent and is the definition of uncommon and not something you would want to practice as your norm if you ever dream of having any success (also the average position rate is probably considerably hire too meaning that you are less likely to be great than someone earning their chops in the p5). I  gave you that it probably happens at that rate for coaching advancement as well and is obviously not a tried and true way for finding successful coaches. 

How is hiring KB our "norm" compared to our other hires?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Most people here are perfectly inclusive of every opinion that perfectly falls in line with their personal opinion.

You better hope that KB does not pick up the offense in these last games as many members on this board are going to ride you like $5 hooker walking through town on military leave day. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

How is hiring KB our "norm" compared to our other hires?

He is our newest normal and not my cup of tea; it doesn’t ruin my day that some people like him and I am not sure why it is so upsetting for them to hear someone else doesn’t particularly care for the hire. To date his results have seemed more on par with my feelings than theirs so I don’t understand why every week has to be did you see how amazingly we managed to have 110th rated offense? Ain’t it grand to be inept since KB said awe shucks I suck in an interview and once scored points in a season no one is fully sure ever actually existed?