• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game changers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Attacking an opponent's weakness is what good oc's do.

Absolutely.
KB has looked good against our FCS opponent and UConn and looked good for a half against BYU.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 10/12/2019 at 7:36 PM, Brad said:

Most qualityiest win of the season.

To a 2-3 team, but yeah we will take it.....to be fair their previous losses were to quality opponents.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, JTrue said:

So far, KB has been able to beat two teams we should absolutely have more talent than and one where it was probably overall equal. But the offense against BYU was putrid, at best. An average OC should be able to put together a functioning offense against an inferior talented team. A good OC finds a way to do something against a team with equal or better talent.

KB is to OCs what xCWT is to HCs. As long as he's got the clear talent advantage, he's fine. As soon as the talent is equal or not in his favor, it's lights out.

Thats only what you have seen here so far.  And I would argue that our talent at the key offensive positions is not on equal footing with a BYU.  How can u say they are inferior after what you have seen here for the last year.

I would say KB played against pretty equal competition at Valdosta on his way to a Natty in their playoffs.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

10 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Thats only what you have seen here so far.  And I would argue that our talent at the key offensive positions is not on equal footing with a BYU.  How can u say they are inferior after what you have seen here for the last year.

I would say KB played against pretty equal competition at Valdosta on his way to a Natty in their playoffs.

1) I think you're saying SC State and UConn are not inferior talented teams compared to us...?

2) I would say, based on my general knowledge, or lack there of, we've been recruiting about the same level as BYU the past couple years.

3) You follow the recruiting of both Valdosta AND the rest of D2 football to the point where you're confident that last year's national championship team was on equal footing with their opponents in 2018 when it comes to talent?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

46 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I thought he did a great job pounding the run.

Which I find weird that we didn't START the game trying to pound BYU into submission on the ground. We seemed to have waited until the second half and our QB asking for some reprieve before we went to the ground and pound. 

It was well known that BYU is bad at run defense.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

In an interesting turn of events the NFL team I follow started an undrafted FCS QB today and has looked better than they have the rest of the season so occasionally a blind squirrel can in fact find a nut it’s just not particularly common.

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

1) I think you're saying SC State and UConn are not inferior talented teams compared to us...?

2) I would say, based on my general knowledge, or lack there of, we've been recruiting about the same level as BYU the past couple years.

3) You follow the recruiting of both Valdosta AND the rest of D2 football to the point where you're confident that last year's national championship team was on equal footing with their opponents in 2018 when it comes to talent?

1.  Lame question.  You know **** well that BYU is superior to those other 2 teams and they were not part of the duscussion.  You knew what I meant.

2.  I dont follow recruiting enough to respond on whether we are on equal footing there.  But the eye test and quality of play over the last year and a half - edge goes to BYU.

3.  You honestlly dont believe that the team Valdosta played in a National Championship game is not equal talent wise or at least pretty **** close.  They did something to make it that far.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

In an interesting turn of events the NFL team I follow started an undrafted FCS QB today and has looked better than they have the rest of the season so occasionally a blind squirrel can in fact find a nut it’s just not particularly common.

There is a reason coaches and players end up at the places they do, but a blanket write-off isn't the best answer. KB could be that FCS QB. It's not the most likely outcome based on ratios, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. In a perfect world, he'd have some time to get his system in place with some players who buy into it so we can get a better take on whether it will work. Bad news is, KB showed up at a time where he doesn't have a lot of wiggle room for growing pains.

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

1.  Lame question.  You know **** well that BYU is superior to those other 2 teams and they were not part of the duscussion.  You knew what I meant.

2.  I dont follow recruiting enough to respond on whether we are on equal footing there.  But the eye test and quality of play over the last year and a half - edge goes to BYU.

3.  You honestlly dont believe that the team Valdosta played in a National Championship game is not equal talent wise or at least pretty **** close.  They did something to make it that far.

1) That's why I said we were clearly more talented than the other two.

2) I'll disagree here. I don't think BYU had a clear talent advantage over us.

3) I honestly believe Ferris State was more talented than a lot of teams, and likely the ones their way to the championship game, but I won't go further than that. But I do know that Valdosta had 12 guys on their roster from either FBS or FCS as transfers and Ferris had 4. That couldn't have hurt Valdosta's chances.

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

1) That's why I said we were clearly more talented than the other two.

2) I'll disagree here. I don't think BYU had a clear talent advantage over us.

3) I honestly believe Ferris State was more talented than a lot of teams, and likely the ones their way to the championship game, but I won't go further than that. But I do know that Valdosta had 12 guys on their roster from either FBS or FCS as transfers and Ferris had 4. That couldn't have hurt Valdosta's chances.

2.  I think they have a clear advantage over us offensively  when their starting QB is healthy.  When he is out, not so much.  Ill agree on defense we are close to equal footing.  We may be a little better in places like sacks and tackles for losses, but not much better overall.

Either way, we did beat a team that we are at least in the same ballpark with talent wise.  That alone should be seen as progress.  Its going to take alot more improvent though to beat the better teams left on our schedule.  Right now, dont think we have the HC or talent level to pull that off.  Hope Im wrong.