• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game changers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Actually didn’t get fired at Jacksonville, just didn’t get contract renewed because they didn’t want to keep pushing football to full scholarship and new president didn’t want to pay him a lot. Funny how he went 9 and 2 that year and went 9 and 2 the year before. By the way since he left Jacksonville has 0 winning season and won 2 games last year! 

So not fired they just decided to stop paying him and did not want him to work there anymore after his contract expired? Just like will happen to him here following next season because of the great job he is doing here.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So not fired they just decided to stop paying him and did not want him to work there anymore after his contract expired? Just like will happen to him here following next season because of the great job he is doing here.

You’ve made it sound like he was fired for not performing well. Not the case at all. With that, on top of “not even knowing there was D2” you’ve got some pretty hot takes. Just be thankful we had a coach that could game plan well enough to beat a team that’s beaten 2 p5’s this season, all while we have a freshman QB who is hurt as well. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He was only handed a job here because he is friends with CCS, that’s the definition of being handed a job. Prior to this his only movement was getting fired from a non scholarship school and moving down to DII. He is here because he has no great options and the reason that is the case is because to date he has demonstrated that he is not great.

So your saying his success at Div2 had nothing to do with him getting the job? Also, almost all coaching hires for assistants is based on relationships. That’s how the industry works. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You’ve made it sound like he was fired for not performing well. Not the case at all. With that, on top of “not even knowing there was D2” you’ve got some pretty hot takes. Just be thankful we had a coach that could game plan well enough to beat a team that’s beaten 2 p5’s this season, all while we have a freshman QB who is hurt as well. 

His game plan almost single handedly cost us the game and at after failing miserably as he has at every moment we have had the misfortune of suffering thru his tenure the qb said “hey stupid you are getting me killed with your garbage ideas think there is a chance we can try some of that running stuff?”

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So your saying his success at Div2 had nothing to do with him getting the job? Also, almost all coaching hires for assistants is based on relationships. That’s how the industry works. 

Yes I am saying winning DII gets you exactly as many job offers in the big leagues as he had been given to date, it rhymes with zero.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Yes I am saying winning DII gets you exactly as many job offers in the big leagues as he had been given to date, it rhymes with zero.

I've already provided you with multiple instances where a D2 head coach moved to D1 coordinator.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

His game plan almost single handedly cost us the game and at after failing miserably as he has at every moment we have had the misfortune of suffering thru his tenure the qb said “hey stupid you are getting me killed with your garbage ideas think there is a chance we can try some of that running stuff?”

How in the world did it almost cost us the game? Our drive that gave us the lead what did we have? Like 1 pass? We ran the ball down their throat the second half because they can’t stop the run, and it worked in our favor because we won the game. 

And “after every moment of suffering through his tenure.” That’s simple false. We beat UConn by more than we ever had in our program’s existence, and UConn’s defense is statistically better than last season’s. 

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What the hell are talking about?? The number of current D1 head coaches who worked in D2 is like 75%. Good lord your football IQ is like a 6. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

How in the world did it almost cost us the game? Our drive that gave us the lead what did we have? Like 1 pass? We ran the ball down their throat the second half because they can’t stop the run, and it worked in our favor because we won the game. 

And “after every moment of suffering through his tenure.” That’s simple false. We beat UConn by more than we ever had in our program’s existence, and UConn’s defense is statistically better than last season’s. 

His game plan was what we ran the first half, it looks horrible just as it has against every team sans two FCS level teams. That you think looking good against a UConn team that has gone years without an FBS level win only speaks to how little there is to say positive about KBs embarrassingly horrible offense.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What the hell are talking about?? The number of current D1 head coaches who worked in D2 is like 75%. Good lord your football IQ is like a 6. 

And the number of coordinators who were once D2 HCs is more than I can count. I went through the last 20 coaches to win a D2 national title and half of them moved on to a D1 coordinator OR D1 head coach job.

• Like 2