• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game changers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Of all the offenses ranked 109 out of 130 ours is obviously the best, maybe trying something over again or trying to run something we maybe good at is perhaps a better idea than whatever it is KB is doing statistically close to the worst in the country that only a handful of people on this board seems to appreciate. 

What exactly are we good at with as of right now ??? below average fbs Qbs, and no explosive playmakers ? Our best player on offense who is the only one that has that ability is suspended. 

We beat a power 5 team without ford. And a young qb that struggled badly. If he played better we score at least 2 more touchdowns. 

Ckb left a place that he built his own and recruited his own for the situation he’s in now where he’s trying to put the pieces that he’s been given together and its not a whole lot. 

• Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Bell had a grad assistant season the year he graduated and some decade before he attempted to coach. I have freely posted that screenshot and have always said the word position coach to preemptively  negate that sad grasping at straws. Having coached at any level doesn’t make you a bad coach having always coached at a low level for decades does, ie KB.

That’s not true see you don’t even know what your talking about. Bell got drafted by dolphins then tore his a couple years later and went back and GA for him. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

That’s not true see you don’t even know what your talking about. Bell got drafted by dolphins then tore his a couple years later and went back and GA for him. 

KB’s experience at coaching any level of FBS prior to being gifted our job is a single season of GA at Florida one full decade prior any other coaching any other place. I am sure some of my information is blurry as I was 9 but the general facts of his coaching journey remain undeniable.

B060E9B0-791B-4782-B0E2-9069297E91FB.png

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

17 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

I mean I can respect the opinion but is our talent at Qb, oline, and skill players like it use to be? Maybe USF just hasn’t recruited well the last 3 years. I don’t see the speed and explosive players like Q, Mack, Valdez, Adams on that field. Look at Ucf guys! They look like a real Florida team they have soooo much speed and QB that really play! Before he got hurt one of the best in the country. 

So far, KB has been able to beat two teams we should absolutely have more talent than and one where it was probably overall equal. But the offense against BYU was putrid, at best. An average OC should be able to put together a functioning offense against an inferior talented team. A good OC finds a way to do something against a team with equal or better talent.

KB is to OCs what xCWT is to HCs. As long as he's got the clear talent advantage, he's fine. As soon as the talent is equal or not in his favor, it's lights out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

So far, KB has been able to beat two teams we should absolutely have more talent than and one where it was probably overall equal. But the offense against BYU was putrid, at best. An average OC should be able to put together a functioning offense against an inferior talented team. A good OC finds a way to do something against a team with equal or better talent.

KB is to OCs what xCWT is to HCs. As long as he's got the clear talent advantage, he's fine. As soon as the talent is equal or not in his favor, it's lights out.

That’s a much better way to approach the message I am trying to convey but not quite fun, attention seeking and colorful enough for me to be able to do, I thank you. 

• Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don't know.  I thought that yesterday he made the adjustments needed to win the game.  If our QB can hit any one of several wide open receivers, then we win going away.  Jury is out on CKB imo.  Our team is a mess starting at the top so it is hard to say for certain what he can do if we ever get our crap together at the top

• Upvote 1

Just now, chapelbull said:

I don't know.  I thought that yesterday he made the adjustments needed to win the game.  If our QB can hit any one of several wide open receivers, then we win going away.  Jury is out on CKB imo.  Our team is a mess starting at the top so it is hard to say for certain what he can do if we ever get our crap together at the top

I would agree with all of this. That's why I always put a "...so far" whenever I make a comment about KB. I'm not happy with what he's done to this point. I'm not terribly optimistic, but I'm also not convinced he has no chance.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

A good OC finds a way to do something against a team with equal or better talent.

Like Saturday? Like chapel said, JM plays even average, that game isn't close .....

Just now, Triple B said:

Like Saturday? Like chapel said, JM plays even average, that game isn't close .....

I thought he did a great job pounding the run.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I thought he did a great job pounding the run.

Attacking an opponent's weakness is what good oc's do.

• Upvote 1