• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL takes defensive analysts position at FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not applicable...you can apply that to Bama and USC too. We are tiny...and of course if they were in a conference only a fool would be believe they would not have a basket full of titles.

You're moving the goal posts.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:popcorn:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not comparing USF to Notre Dame I am just pointing out one of many examples where conference championships are not the have all be all of measuring the greatness of a coach. Another example could perhaps be a coach starting a program from scratch, immediately moving up to 1-a independent, immediately then moving to C-USA (when it had good teams) and then immediately moving up to the a BCS program. To always be climbing uphill thru many layers of the football ranks and then to do better than the next three guys that got to coach on the decline down the other side of the mountain would seem pretty **** great to anyone objective and not stuck on an arbitrary event they have given unreasonable importance to.

Fake news. In your example, the head coach was running an FCS school and then got to keep his job when the school went FBS.  Why would an FBS school trust it's program to an FCS head coach?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, lotsofbull99 said:

You're moving the goal posts.

Nope he is picking out a grand traditional program that would laugh at conference championships. In essence he is saying that if it’s good enough for ND to have won a conference championship then it’s good enough for us...meanwhile they have won much more than that. Which makes the statement laughable. For them it is all or nothing and one of the reasons they are not in a conference (and I don’t think ND should have that luxury). 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Show me a conference championship and I’ll show you great...we’ve NEVER had a great coach...

Then there are great programs that haven’t had great coaches in decades.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Then there are programs that haven’t had great coaches in decades.  

Very true and most of their fans would agree that is the case.  There is a reason that Vince Dooley just had a field named after him this past weekend and he won his friggin championship in 1980. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

Right... 

I edited my comment, for the record.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Bull94 said:

his situation is completely different than ours. he is 2 games into his 2nd year.

he took over a program in much worse position.

his offense averages 38 ppg.

just hired a fix for his abysmal defense.

Strong is 2 games into his 3rd year.

he took over a program that went 11-2 the year before.

he has an 8 game losing streak.

our offense averages 5 ppg.

ok U win

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

CWT's buyout is pretty massive and I doubt FSU can afford it.  FSU isn't as flush as people think as a matter of fact it's why Jimbo left because they didn't have the money or will to commit enough $$ to the facilities upgrades he wanted.   CWT's buyout is almost untenable for them unless some major, major, major gifts came through for it.  His buy out is something like $20mil  if they fire him this season.    I think there will be a DC chance mid season and CWT gets one more year.  I think they have enough talent to make a bowl which would definitely buy him one more year regadless of buyout.  

That would make CWT "Dream Job" a Win Win situation even if he loses....now I get the Dream Job part...

But then, I'm way more interested in what happens at USF than with old WT and fsu

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Fake news. In your example, the head coach was running an FCS school and then got to keep his job when the school went FBS.  Why would an FBS school trust it's program to an FCS head coach?

The jump from FCS to FBS independent was quite amazing but not quite the giant jump from DII all the way up to P6 in a single job change. 

Edited by puc86