• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL takes defensive analysts position at FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

As expected.  Taggart respects Leavitt and his defensive mind. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I hope the best for The Jim. I will be the first to admit that I was included in the masses who had grown weary of him back in 2009. Obviously my opinion of CJL was incorrect and I think he would have thrived at the AAC level. He was doing the best he could with what resources he had.

He didn’t really have a chance.

He had created sky high expectations in 2007 from the fan base. Steve Duemig and Brett McMurphy along with ESPN incessantly bashed him which I think impacted the overall opinion of him. He was at a program that really didn’t support athletics seriously. I think Jim panicked a little but even if he hadn’t met with Joel Miller, I think the admins would have still fired him because the PC world demanded their pound of flesh along with Mangino and Leach. It was like a perfect storm.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I hope the best for The Jim. I will be the first to admit that I was included in the masses who had grown weary of him back in 2009. Obviously my opinion of CJL was incorrect and I think he would have thrived at the AAC level. He was doing the best he could with what resources he had.

He didn’t really have a chance.

He had created sky high expectations in 2007 from the fan base. Steve Duemig and Brett McMurphy along with ESPN incessantly bashed him which I think impacted the overall opinion of him. He was at a program that really didn’t support athletics seriously. I think Jim panicked a little but even if he hadn’t met with Joel Miller, I think the admins would have still fired him because the PC world demanded their pound of flesh along with Mangino and Leach. It was like a perfect storm.

I'd say that's a pretty solid analysis of the situation. Especially the part about Mangino and Leach happening at the same time. The Miller thing was a catalyst, but not necessarily the reason for his dismissal. 

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

And after that wildfire you may remember the Frank Martin episode, but the school wanted to keep Frank Martin for a number of reasons.  They handled their business sanely.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Brad said:

No, it's just a fair play.   I see no reason for you and others to bash the guy.  It's really that simple.

Come on...he says this and then he does that. Jimmy is a big boy he can handle it. I wish him well at FSU...they are a bigger train wreck than us considering all that Pee 5 $. I would LOL if he somehow gets the FSU job in the future...although that is extremely unlikely on so many levels. 

• Upvote 1

Only when times get tough and on a Wednesday evening do we revert back to Jim. His soul is omnipresent on the TBP....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Jimmy is a big boy he can handle it.

Then go jump into his twitter feed and tell him what you think.  Does no good here.

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Then go jump into his twitter feed and tell him what you think.  Does no good here.

😂😂😂 ok...I’ll step off. For now....mwwwaaaaahaha 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

So....would they be a package deal for a rebound team, when Tags gets fired after this year?  

Asking for a friend.

Are you inferring that Kelly may ask Willie to gas up the bus, put Jim in the right seat and bring the Gulf Coast Offense back to Tampa?

Also asking for a friend

5 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Are you inferring that Kelly may ask Willie to gas up the bus, put Jim in the right seat and bring the Gulf Coast Offense back to Tampa?

Also asking for a friend

Not.Ever.Ever.Ever.Going.To.Happen.