• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CJL takes defensive analysts position at FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Taggart is in SAVE ME MODE.....but,  could he be hiring his replacement???  

Just now, BulledOver said:

There's a radio show here in Panhandle that is basically all about FSU ALA and SAINTS...segments are done by FSU boosters. Their talk before game one was..we shall see. If it doesn't change ____________________??

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I don't get this argument.  He sees something that is broken and he brings in an expert in that area he has a relationship with  to help fix it.  Seems like good leadership to me.  Also, from what I've heard CJL is bascially DC in waiting and Barnett may not be long for the program.   CJL wanted to take this position earlier in the summer with that guarantee but CWT wasn't ready to give him that.  Now a couple months later...   

57 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I don't get this argument.  He sees something that is broken and he brings in an expert in that area he has a relationship with  to help fix it.  Seems like good leadership to me.  Also, from what I've heard CJL is bascially DC in waiting and Barnett may not be long for the program.   CJL wanted to take this position earlier in the summer with that guarantee but CWT wasn't ready to give him that.  Now a couple months later...   

Not an argument it's a possibility if WT doesn't come through this season. One loss and one barely won puts him into a precarious position going into conf play. If he can build a strong defense it might help hold off the axe while he gets his offense going. Not to diff than our situation right now. The CJL as the FSU head coach?? Just a spoof but then..FSU powers might not be that gun shy about old CJL??? never know. A lot of spin goes on in this area about FSU. I hope CJL goes and kicks ass somewhere I'm a fan. CWT? not so much anymore..and I use to watch him play in high school and was pumped when he landed with us but...he could be in over his head??? "at his dream job"

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Not an argument it's a possibility if WT doesn't come through this season. One loss and one barely won puts him into a precarious position going into conf play. If he can build a strong defense it might help hold off the axe while he gets his offense going. Not to diff than our situation right now. The CJL as the FSU head coach?? Just a spoof but then..FSU powers might not be that gun shy about old CJL??? never know. A lot of spin goes on in this area about FSU. I hope CJL goes and kicks ass somewhere I'm a fan. CWT? not so much anymore..and I use to watch him play in high school and was pumped when he landed with us but...he could be in over his head??? "at his dream job"

his situation is completely different than ours. he is 2 games into his 2nd year.

he took over a program in much worse position.

his offense averages 38 ppg.

just hired a fix for his abysmal defense.

Strong is 2 games into his 3rd year.

he took over a program that went 11-2 the year before.

he has an 8 game losing streak.

our offense averages 5 ppg.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

CWT's buyout is pretty massive and I doubt FSU can afford it.  FSU isn't as flush as people think as a matter of fact it's why Jimbo left because they didn't have the money or will to commit enough $$ to the facilities upgrades he wanted.   CWT's buyout is almost untenable for them unless some major, major, major gifts came through for it.  His buy out is something like $20mil  if they fire him this season.    I think there will be a DC chance mid season and CWT gets one more year.  I think they have enough talent to make a bowl which would definitely buy him one more year regadless of buyout.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Two out of four total...50% rate...tells me a lot about the quality of our past AD decision making. 

Even you now admit that CJL was a great one!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,325
  • Days Won:  5

Ok so I didn’t want to start a new thread so I will put it here. 

With CJL back in the FLA and coaching in some capacity, does USF reach out to him if chuck gets the axe? Or does Willie reach out to USF after he gets the axe? OR, does neither happen? Clearly I don’t want Chuck to get the axe because that means he failed US. I’d rather be happy then looking for a new coach.