• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and losing culture.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Well he allowed the Duke players to come in. No portal at that time.

Makes no diffenece, he brought them in and gave him schollies. The portal changes nothing besides the logistics of how they were courted to USF. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I would love to hear that argument? And if it did in fact happen (spoiler alert it didn’t) how long did it last? A day? Let’s pretend for one second he had the best team we have ever had for an entire season he is also on the hook for our most losing season and our only loss to an FCS team in history. Good coaches don’t have to dream of having a few years of winning just to be able to sniff .500.

so you don't think Flowers, Mack, Adams, etc could arguably be considered our best team ever? yeah he had a terrible season. happens when you come into a total rebuild. Just ask Frost about his 0-12 season at UCF

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Makes no diffenece, he brought them in and gave him schollies. The portal changes nothing besides the logotsitcs of how they were courted to USF. 

exactly. the portal is just a database of players that want to transfer.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

CCS, CWT and CSH are all three peas in the same ****** pod arguing over any of them being better than one another is like arguing over AAC supremacy. We have had one football coach that tried to bring beauty into our ugly world and we killed him for it.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I'll give Strong the season to fix this If he cant he needs to be canned. Three years and so far I see a team getting worse. But maybe he can right the ship...personally I doubt it from past history.  Unless McCloud is Flowers 2.0

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Taggart had the best season record wise in our history. First ever double digit wins. all at the ripe old age of 40

BTW nothing in college football is more important than recruiting

I don't disagree, but add that a great recruiter/good coach beats a great recruiter/not so good coach.  His recruiting rescued us from the edge.  A great recruiter can offset his lack of coaching experience, but only against less talented teams.  His greatest attribute is he knows when to get out of a situation.  At FSU, he may not have the leverage and choice he's had as he did at his stepping stone small schools.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CCS, CWT and CSH are all three peas in the same ****** pod arguing over any of them being better than one another is like arguing over AAC supremacy. We have had one football coach that tried to bring beauty into our ugly world and we killed him for it.

we get it. no one will ever live up to leavitt in your eyes. That's why you try to denigrate the job Taggart did here in completely rebuilding the program.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so you don't think Flowers, Mack, Adams, etc could arguably be considered our best team ever? yeah he had a terrible season. happens when you come into a total rebuild. Just ask Frost about his 0-12 season at UCF

exactly. the portal is just a database of players that want to transfer.

Some of our better players sure, sadly for us teams are more than just a sum of their components and CWT is always striving to beat out CCS for the title of who can do the least with the most.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart would have USF on fire right now if he had stayed. He could have been a legend here, but he chased the money (I don't blame him for that).

He is an excellent recruiter and in his third year he discovered an offense that works for the type of players we get.

FSU is a totally toxic program with players that think they are entitled to win because they have a 4 or 5 star next to their names. It's no wonder he is struggling.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brad said:

I don't disagree, but add that a great recruiter/good coach beats a great recruiter/not so good coach.  His recruiting rescued us from the edge.  A great recruiter can offset his lack of coaching experience, but only against less talented teams.  His greatest attribute is he knows when to get out of a situation.  At FSU, he may not have the leverage and choice he's had as he did at his stepping stone small schools.

the guy is 43 years old and has one of the top jobs in all of college coaching. he didn't luck his way there.

maybe FSU is his ceiling but it would be pretty dumb to say that as fact in his 1st game of his 2nd season

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

we get it. no one will ever live up to leavitt in your eyes. That's why you try to denigrate the job Taggart did here in completely rebuilding the program.

Maybe just maybe if he had more than one good season to his name I would be more inclined to call his “success” a complete rebuild. Lots of coaches have flash in the pan seasons sustaining something is the hard part and I’ll hold on the line while I wait for anyone to point to any sustained success from CWT.

• Like 1