• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and losing culture.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Age has nothing to do with it other than he relates better to 18 year olds than the typical grandparent.

He's timing has been great - overall, he's a sub .500 coach.  That's not hall of fame material.  That's almost unemployment line material for most coaches.  He's "turned around" disasters and he's full of charisma and is cashing in. It's been a wonderful life so far.  No regrets.  If he gets ****-canned at FSU, he still comes out ahead.

I just can't believe the arguments some of you have. clearly you're trying to protect jim's legacy as the best coach ever at USF. Sorry but Taggart is 43 and has completely rebuilt 2 programs and is currently in the process of rebuilding his 3rd in 9 years of being a HC. You don't tend to have great overall records when you rebuild programs.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

And a losing record, and derailed FSUs bowl streak, ect..

FSU had to reschedule a game against a 1-aa the year before to keep their streak alive. again a guy who has completely rebuilt 2 programs and is currently working on his 3rd in 9 years as a HC will not have a good overall record

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so you don't think he rebuilt our program? our 2 best seasons record wise were because of Willie Taggart. Strong stepped into the best situation in the country and completely destroyed us. we lost 41-15 last year at home against Tulane.

Rebuilding something implies some sustainability, if you come into something bad make it amazingly worse and then have a single good season and bolt and it’s undone a single season later I guess you can call that a rebuild but I really don’t understand how you can be shocked by the fact that I do not. At some point maybe cwt can actually build a program and we can see how he manages but it doesn’t look like this stop will be it either.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Lost twice with a 99% chance to win. Managed to have the only losses following 18 point second half point leads twice even though no other coach managed that in the history of the program. Has FSU seriously considering a $17 million buyout. The accomplishments never end.

You forgot the 0 bowl wins. 

Just now, BrowardBull17 said:

Be honest. Quinton Flowers and Marlon Mack made WT a very rich man. 

The same quinton flowers that nobody else in the country recruited to play QB? The same quinton flowers that Taggart completely rebuilt an offense around?

the same Marlon Mack that almost nobody recruited to play RB? everybody wanted him as a safety

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Rebuilding something implies some sustainability, if you come into something bad make it amazingly worse and then have a single good season and bolt and it’s undone a single season later I guess you can call that a rebuild but I really don’t understand how you can be shocked by the fact that I do not. At some point maybe cwt can actually build a program and we can see how he manages but it doesn’t look like this stop will be it either.

sorry but Strong came in a destroyed this program. that's not on Taggart. Look at the sustained success UCF has had after Frost.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,035
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sorry but Strong came in a destroyed this program. that's not on Taggart. Look at the sustained success UCF has had after Frost.

Did somebody blame Taggart?  I thought we were blaming Leavitt.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

Look at the sustained success O’Leary had at that same program after he turned it around.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Did somebody blame Taggart?  I thought we were blaming Leavitt.

blame leavitt for what? puc doesn't think Taggart rebuilt our program. clearly he did. it wasn't his fault we made a terrible hire and Strong came in and destroyed us.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Look at the sustained success O’Leary had at that same program after he turned it around.

not sure of your point here