• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and losing culture.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,270
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We have zero information. Unless in your infinite wisdom you know how the team and coaching staff would look two years later.

I have every year he has ever coached; I’ll give you hint it’s bad to quite bad but I know unlike USF it’s hard to get skilled position guys to FSU.

Edited by puc86
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have every year he has ever coached; I’ll give you hint it’s bad to quite bad but I know unlike USF it’s hard to get skilled position guys to FSU.

Skill positions didn't ruin FSU last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Taggart can't win with elite players and left a footprint of garbage recruits here. 

Not defending CCS because he should have gotten rid of 25 players instead of 11. If he survives this season get rid of 12 more and go to the portal and get some players on both lines. Get some from P5 and none from 1AA. 

A simply terrible take when Taggart brought this team back from the garbage 

• Upvote 2

Just now, BDYZR said:

Skill positions didn't ruin FSU last year.

It was a joke about not being able to get someone to be the next Flowers, no matter what his record sans flowers is disgusting even at programs far more storied than ours and even if you toss in the flowers years he is below .500 and falling but don’t worry I’m sure the one good year is who he really is and the decade of suck is probably the aberration. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It was a joke about not being able to get someone to be the next Flowers, no matter what his record sans flowers is disgusting even at programs far more storied than ours and even if you toss in the flowers years he is below .500 and falling but don’t worry I’m sure the one good year is who he really is and the decade of suck is probably the aberration. 

Still zero of what might have been after Q, at USF, in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Maybe just maybe if he had more than one good season to his name I would be more inclined to call his “success” a complete rebuild. Lots of coaches have flash in the pan seasons sustaining something is the hard part and I’ll hold on the line while I wait for anyone to point to any sustained success from CWT.

You're far from the only one that expected him to sustain success here but definitely the most vocal, and probably the most scarred.  This isn't CWT's fault, it's yours.  He didn't meet your long-term expectations so in your misery about the situation, you illogically and irrationally deny him his short-term accomplishments at USF, which was bringing back respectability to the program.  He's left others to do the sustaining at the programs he's been to.  It's worked well at WKU and somewhat at Oregon, but not here.  That's on Strong.  

We'll see how it plays out as I don't see him jumping anywhere else on his own accord.  A coach can't sustain success if he's not there.  I think most people get that logic, but for some reason it's not clicking with you yet.  Hopefully some day the scars will heal enough for you that it will.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, BDYZR said:

Still zero of what might have been after Q, at USF, in the AAC.

Gotcha but judging from his typical success I think I have a decent idea. Winning when you try to introduce something new that has little game tape and isn’t what people have come from your mantra tends to be easier than facing the teams over and over again when they have tape and have prepared. The gulf coast offense didn’t age particularly well or last much past it’s inception but I’m sure it would have been a 180 degree difference especially given CWTs knack for adjustments but I’m sure that would be completely different too because once again there was that one time.

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Remember Bobby Bowden saying that the only difference between a good coach and a great coach is recruiting.↑

How many USF coaches have manned up, said "I'm wrong" and completely changed philosophies, even to the extent of seeking outside help?

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

that's what successful people do. admit when they are wrong and correct things

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Gotcha but judging from his typical success I think I have a decent idea. Winning when you try to introduce something new that has little game tape and isn’t what people have come from your mantra tends to be easier than facing the teams over and over again when they have tape and have prepared. The gulf coast offense didn’t age particularly well or last much past it’s inception but I’m sure it would have been a 180 degree difference especially given CWTs knack for adjustments but I’m sure that would be completely different too because once again there was that one time.

gulf coast offense - aka, the spread? I think there may be a few variations of this out there somewhere.

How many USF coaches have manned up, said "I'm wrong" and completely changed philosophies, even to the extent of seeking outside help?

12 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

You're far from the only one that expected him to sustain success here but definitely the most vocal, and probably the most scarred.  This isn't CWT's fault, it's yours.  He didn't meet your long-term expectations so in your misery about the situation, you illogically and irrationally deny him his short-term accomplishments at USF, which was bringing back respectability to the program.  He's left others to do the sustaining at the programs he's been to.  It's worked well at WKU and somewhat at Oregon, but not here.  That's on Strong.  

We'll see how it plays out as I don't see him jumping anywhere else on his own accord.  A coach can't sustain success if he's not there.  I think most people get that logic, but for some reason it's not clicking with you yet.  Hopefully some day the scars will heal enough for you that it will.  

I’m just not completely convinced that one season of measurable success does a rebuild or great coach make especially when juxtaposed with rest of the career that’s less than stellar.

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

gulf coast offense - aka, the spread? I think there may be a few variations of this out there somewhere.

How many had to and then had the chance?

8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Aka CWT running the spread which didn’t last long or fare well in his departure