• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and losing culture.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I don’t know if this is true or not, but I’m going to believe that it is. I love St. Bobby and this is a great nugget if true.

I'm 99.9% sure the country music thing was a joke, but the rest of it is probably true

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

33 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

what did kirby smart have to win? or will muschamp? or dabo swinney?  or lincoln riley? or bob stoops?

Games?  While I don't cite them as examples of great coaches, but they are winning coaches?  Pretty sure most you cite there have demonstrated success (wins) at a high level.  We're still waiting on Willie.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

what evidence? please don't say his overall record. he is on his 3rd rebuild and every place he has been his record was better in his last year than it was in his first year. That is an upward trend.

Because he left the first opportunity he had and the only time it was good; if he left FSU now or USF his first year he would have left things worse than he found them. I guess a gambler that loses more than he wins but gets up every time he manages to win a hand can be proclaimed a good gambler because he never ends on a losing hand but I don’t think that’s really how it’s measured.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

Games?  While I don't cite them as examples of great coaches, but they are winning coaches?  Pretty sure most you cite there have demonstrated success (wins) at a high level.  We're still waiting on Willie.

not a single one of them had a win as a head coach before they landed a top level P5 job.

Taggart has done more as a head coach than most to earn his position.

Edited by Bull94

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Because he left the first opportunity he had and the only time it was good; if he left FSU now or USF his first year he would have left things worse than he found them. I guess a gambler that loses more than he wins but gets up every time he manages to win a hand can be proclaimed a good gambler because he never ends on a losing hand but I don’t think that’s really how it’s measured.

it is how it's measured as a head coach. that's why he keeps getting hired away for better jobs. it's called climbing the career ladder of success.

the only proof that he isn't able to sustain success will be if he plateaus and eventually gets fired from a job. hasn't happened and you can't say for sure that it will.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull94 said:

it is how it's measured as a head coach. that's why he keeps getting hired away for better jobs. it's called climbing the career ladder of success.

the only proof that he isn't able to sustain success will be if he plateaus and eventually gets fired from a job. hasn't happened and you can't say for sure that it will.

Want to bet on the next time he is hired?

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

not a single one of them had a win as a head coach before they landed a top level P5 job.

But they've won so many in the role....what good does Taggart's wins in the G5 (although below .500) do for FSU?  Nothing.  Not sure I follow.  Tags is fortunate.  He has a fixer upper rep and two schools after USF have taken a flier on him hoping for same outcome.  Nothing yet.

Just now, puc86 said:

Want to bet on the next time he is hired?

he currently has his dream job as a 43 year old coach and currently makes $5M per year. he may never take another job again.

want to take a bet on when leavitt will get hired again

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Brad said:

But they've won so many in the role....what good does Taggart's wins in the G5 (although below .500) do for FSU?  Nothing.  Not sure I follow.  Tag's is fortunate.  He has a fixer upper rep and two schools after USF have taken a flier on him hoping for same outcome.  Nothing yet.

Yup.

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

he currently has his dream job as a 43 year old coach and currently makes $5M per year. he may never take another job again.

want to take a bet on when leavitt will get hired again

Great comparison, they've both have/had their dream jobs...we'll see who holds on to it the longest.

• Upvote 1