• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and losing culture.....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

there are plenty on here that don't give him credit for what he did here(including you and puc). just like there are those that don't give Leavitt credit.

I'm not "wowed" by him but I do appreciate what he did for this program and I wish him luck.

of course he did what was best for willie. why wouldn't he? isn't that what everybody does?

Well it may surprise you to know that I too wished him luck, personally.  

I've given him plenty of credit for what he was responsible for and in this thread for pulling us back from the edge.  You seem to think there's something more....  

of course he did what was best for willie. why wouldn't he? isn't that what everybody does?

I know it's all about the bag but there are coaches that show loyalty to an institution and/or to the players they recruited.  I'm sure that ranges quite a bit among coaches.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull94 said:

who said he needs a statue? he rebuilt our program, which is what he was hired to do,  and you don't want to even give him credit for that.

I merely question at what point something is rebuilt, you think it’s as soon as it has a winning season which I don’t begrudge you but I would like to know who was the foundation for an success moving forward before I would declare something officially rebuilt. CCS did just fine with flowers too the next season when he left what was going to continue going well for CWT? We cycled up at the end of CWT and it was great and I appreciated it but I’m not convinced that was somehow a “built program”.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Trick question, we stopped playing football after xCJL was fired.

**** you won out of the gate, I’m sending CWT to rebuild your house don’t worry it will last at least a year.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, puc86 said:

**** you won out of the gate, I’m sending CWT to rebuild your house don’t worry it will last at least a year.

Gotta keep up with basic maintenance or the warranty is void. Everyone knows that.

Just now, JTrue said:

Gotta keep up with basic maintenance or the warranty is void. Everyone knows that.

Like needing to secure a brand new roof as soon as you take possession because that one I got is in it’s last year and I made zero attempts to replace it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I merely question at what point something is rebuilt, you think it’s as soon as it has a winning season which I don’t begrudge you but I would like to know who was the foundation for an success moving forward before I would declare something officially rebuilt. CCS did just fine with flowers too the next season when he left what was going to continue going well for CWT? We cycled up at the end of CWT and it was great and I appreciated it but I’m not convinced that was somehow a “built program”.

foundation for success? so I guess the Jim didn't build much of anything either? no program is self sustaining after a coach leaves.

personally I felt Jim built something pretty special out of nothing. it's a shame what happened. I also believe Taggart built something pretty good too. Just because the next guys come in and destroyed it doesn't mean it wasn't the case.

Just now, Bull94 said:

foundation for success? so I guess the Jim didn't build much of anything either? no program is self sustaining after a coach leaves.

personally I felt Jim built something pretty special out of nothing. it's a shame what happened. I also believe Taggart built something pretty good too. Just because the next guys come in and destroyed it doesn't mean it wasn't the case.

Jim had sustained success so he doesn’t need to have someone prove it wasn’t a fluke for him (although all of the the next wave of best wins followed immediately after him too). However when you just managed to start winning for the first time it would probably help your argument that you made it back as a program to either continue that winning or have someone do it for you.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Like needing to secure a brand new roof as soon as you take possession because that one I got is in it’s last year and I made zero attempts to replace it.

So your proof xCWT failed in building anything was that it could fall apart in just 2-3 years?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, puc86 said:

According to many of my FSU friends CJL may be helping CwT in a last ditch effort to save his latest dream job within the next few weeks.

Not sure where you’re hearing that, as last I checked xCJL was taking some time off to help out his mother and be with family. 

If that’s the case, then I think that team would be a force to be reckoned with!!!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So your proof xCWT failed in building anything was that it could fall apart in just 2-3 years?

There is no reasoning with him. His Jimbo goggles are too big to see the forest from the trees.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1