• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Names that you are not hearing on D.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

Let's not judge on one twitter clip.  

However, Charlie could take a page out of Gregory's book "How to turn it around".

Page 2:  Lean on defense to make the difference

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

To show how bad the depth was on D from last year. There are some guys who played significantly, but are silent now that CCS raided the portal and brought in his type of recruits.

Names that I expect to transfer:

Sanders and Roberts.

I think Sawtelle's time will be reduced by the week, but could show up on special teams.

I hear more about Sails than Hampton. Hampton is solid, I like that we finally have depth. I hope Burnett can play safety and corner, if Sails is eligible.

Why are people pushing Sawtelle out of the lineup? He's been our best LB for awhile and is always making splash plays

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I’m more concerned about all the penalties in the first 2 scrimmages.  It was a problem last year and has seemed to follow CCS wherever he’s been.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Sanders and Roberts.

Really? 

I thought Sanders was often around or quick to the ball.  Didn't he also do a little PR work?  He's got speed, I am not a football guru, but didn't see a whole lot wrong with his game.  

Roberts, I know, hat a lot of PT and had some picks, but I thought he was a little slower than the typical def back.

I sure hope they don't embrace the "start me or I leave" phenomenon in CFB.  There will be plenty of opportunity.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

10 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

Why are people pushing Sawtelle out of the lineup? He's been our best LB for awhile and is always making splash plays

It is one person pushing that narrative. The only thing that keeps him off the field right now would be injury. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Corey lea said:

To show how bad the depth was on D from last year. There are some guys who played significantly, but are silent now that CCS raided the portal and brought in his type of recruits.

Sanders and Roberts.

I think Sawtelle's time will be reduced by the week, but could show up on special teams.

I hear more about Sails than Hampton. Hampton is solid, I like that we finally have depth. I hope Burnett can play safety and corner, if Sails is eligible.

Sawtelle is starting.  I'm not sure why you think differently.  Also, i dont think Sanders or Roberts is transferring.  One will actually be starting and both will play a lot.   Not being mentioned means nothing.  This is practice.

I personally want Sawtelle in there.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

battle tested... and when he's not in there, you notice.  He's been playing since is Rs freshman season and is a key on guy defense.  I can see him opposite Macon... That is our best LB combination imo.  

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, Calibull said:

battle tested... and when he's not in there, you notice.  He's been playing since is Rs freshman season and is a key on guy defense.  I can see him opposite Macon... That is our best LB combination imo.  

Did I see somewhere this week that he has a sore shoulder?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Sanders and Roberts.

But Sanders and Roberts are only sophomores. They are young,  why would they transfer. Out of all our DBs, 2 are seniors and like 5 are Juniors. Graduation alone will wipe out most of thier competition within 2 years. They have plenty of opportunity here. 

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Did I see somewhere this week that he has a sore shoulder?

Yes, there was a shoulder issue mentioned a couple days ago.