• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Badgers' QB Situation

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Wisconsin coach Paul Chryst says no decision yet on starting QB

The race for the University of Wisconsin football team’s starting quarterback job is still open, according to Paul Chryst.

The Badgers coach was asked following practice Friday when he plans on making a decision about who will start the opener against South Florida on Aug. 30 — or if he already has made that decision.

“I haven’t made anything,” Chryst said. “Monday, we’ll scrimmage again (and) probably after that we’ll kind of get an idea.”

This should come as no surprise, but Chryst also admitted he’s probably not going to make his decision public. It’s worth noting that UW’s practices are closed to the media for the rest of camp.

“We won’t probably announce anything,” he said.

It’s still likely that junior Jack Coan, who started four games last season, will open the season as a starter. He’s been solid in the eight full practices open to the media the past two weeks and has drawn compliments from Chryst and quarterbacks coach Jon Budmayr for his approach and performance since the end of last season.

Rest of Story

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I dont think it really matters they are going to run the ball on offense. 
Watching a replay of the bowl game of Taylor running all over Miami...if this defense holds Taylor under 200 yards, that will be a huge improvement over last year.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Watching a replay of the bowl game of Taylor running all over Miami...if this defense holds Taylor under 200 yards, that will be a huge improvement over last year.

It will matter somewhat. They struggled on third and medium last year and that, along with a lack of a pass rush and a young secondary is what caused them to struggle. If we can get them into 3rd and 4 or 5's we will have a good chance of pulling off the upset. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Watching a replay of the bowl game of Taylor running all over Miami...if this defense holds Taylor under 200 300 yards, that will be a huge improvement over last year.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Concise once again I like it Cuz, good points. However the U quit and has a history of blowing off irrelevant bowl games so that game is as relevant as our bowl game against Marshall when determining the outcome of this game, however you can bet your A$$ they will attempt to run the ball down our throat. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

It will matter somewhat. They struggled on third and medium last year and that, along with a lack of a pass rush and a young secondary is what caused them to struggle. If we can get them into 3rd and 4 or 5's we will have a good chance of pulling off the upset. 

Yeah against those larger Big 10 defense that can slow down the running game some.  Worried our lighter defense even with a Macon is going to get worn down. Our defensive depth will be tested in this game for sure if we can't get a decent lead.  

Only way I think you can attack Wisconsin is an all out offensive attack and hope our offense can put up points to get Wisconsin behind early and force them to get away from the running game and pass more.   If they run Taylor twice in a row odds I think that its a 3 and 5 are slim.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

No matter who starts they won't be asked to do much more than hand off, take care of the football, and take a few deep shots off of playaction. This game is all about stopping the run. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

The heat and humidity will be the 12th man!!!

We will win by 12.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Agree with them hammering the run game, esp so early in the season. With their typical size on O-line, I have a bad feeling they'll wear our D down & out. Hoping for the offense to be able to put up some numbers, that's the only way I see us having any chance.