• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Badgers' QB Situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

25 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I agree.  We better not be basing our hopes merely on the weather or are we are in for a loooong night.

I'm more concerned about the lack of practice time that we have had these last couple of weeks because of the flooding rains (at least it flooded at my house in  South Tampa).  It was nice that we were able to use the Bucs IPF the other day.

i'm pretty sure NO ONE EVER would base our hopes on the weather. To assume that it has no effect is asinine.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

29 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I agree.  We better not be basing our hopes merely on the weather or are we are in for a loooong night.

I'm more concerned about the lack of practice time that we have had these last couple of weeks because of the flooding rains (at least it flooded at my house in  South Tampa).  It was nice that we were able to use the Bucs IPF the other day.

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that they are still managing to get practices in, but coordinating them has been difficult. If anything, we seem to be staying healthy this summer (at least from the limited information that has been reported), which is a good sign. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that they are still managing to get practices in, but coordinating them has been difficult. If anything, we seem to be staying healthy this summer (at least from the limited information that has been reported), which is a good sign. 

Now you've gone and done it... I've been avoiding that comment/topic for a few days now.:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Maybe true, but any other team on the schedule is not us, and B10 teams are used to preparing for them every year.

edit: I'll be the first to give you props if we're able to stop their run, though--hope that's possible but I just can't see it.

Oh... I'm not saying we'll stop the run completely.  I think we'll outscore them because they have holes in their secondary.  As much as they are a bad matchup for us, we are for them too.  I think we'll put up some points... more than 30... I feel like we score 35 or more points, we win.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, BDYZR said:

Now you've gone and done it... I've been avoiding that comment/topic for a few days now.:GoBulls:

If I just opened up a glitch in the matrix and now everything goes off the rails, I apologize in advance. We have 5 more days to get through before typical game week practice begins. The only peep about an injury I have heard so far was regarding Nico's shoulder. I hope that is the extent of things. We could have gotten a better idea of who was and wasn't practicing from our beat reporter, but I don't recall coming across that in an article from him. Rehab Island is pretty easy to spot on the practice field. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Same. It’s been a terrible week in that regards 

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same. It’s been a terrible week in that regards 

Did they actually miss practice time or just move them around according to the weather.  I don't recall seeing any practices being cancelled, just moved.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

Did they actually miss practice time or just move them around according to the weather.  I don't recall seeing any practices being cancelled, just moved.

According to what CCS said at the luncheon on Thursday they got out for 20 minutes in the am before lightning, 40 minutes in the afternoon and again later on.  Sounds like they missed some practice time if they had to keep going in and out with different guys in attendance because of classes.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

According to what CCS said at the luncheon on Thursday they got out for 20 minutes in the am before lightning, 40 minutes in the afternoon and again later on.  Sounds like they missed some practice time if they had to keep going in and out with different guys in attendance because of classes.

I'm pretty sure they met the practice time allotment.  I don't think they actually missed any practice time as opposed to have it spread out over more time because of interruption.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Calibull said:

I'm pretty sure they met the practice time allotment.  I don't think they actually missed any practice time as opposed to have it spread out over more time because of interruption.  

But if all the guys aren't there for that practice time (how much per day is allowed?) then guys missed some practice.  Please don't argue this. I was there listening to the man.