• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Badgers' QB Situation

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Calibull said:

Oh... I'm not saying we'll stop the run completely.  I think we'll outscore them because they have holes in their secondary.  As much as they are a bad matchup for us, we are for them too.  I think we'll put up some points... more than 30... I feel like we score 35 or more points, we win.  

I agree, if we score 35 points then we should be able to notch a win.  The Badgers can definitely run the ball and have the ability to control the clock, but they are not exactly known as a high scoring team.  We get that many points, I think our Defense can make enough plays to win this one.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,520
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

Oh... I'm not saying we'll stop the run completely.  I think we'll outscore them because they have holes in their secondary.  As much as they are a bad matchup for us, we are for them too.  I think we'll put up some points... more than 30... I feel like we score 35 or more points, we win.  

If KJ Sails gets approved, I say stack the box and leave our DBs on an island. I have faith in our DBs this year.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I agree, if we score 35 points then we should be able to notch a win.  The Badgers can definitely run the ball and have the ability to control the clock, but they are not exactly known as a high scoring team.  We get that many points, I think our Defense can make enough plays to win this one.

I know, I know, it is a different year.  But we gave up 38 to GT, 42 to UMass, 30 to UConn, 57 to Houston, 41 to Tulane and 38 to Marshall.  Forgive me for thinking Wisc puts up 42+ on us.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

But if all the guys aren't there for that practice time (how much per day is allowed?) then guys missed some practice.  Please don't argue this. I was there listening to the man.

I'm not arguing a thing.  I just dont recall them actually saying they missed a lot of practice.  I mean I'm supposing now they cancelled a few practices because of rain.  I wonder how many practices they missed.

Just now, Calibull said:

I'm not arguing a thing.  I just dont recall them actually saying they missed a lot of practice.  I mean I'm supposing now they cancelled a few practices because of rain.  I wonder how many practices they missed.

I don't know that either. But the day before the luncheon was not a good one re: lightning.

Guest Jonesy Bull
14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I know, I know, it is a different year.  But we gave up 38 to GT, 42 to UMass, 30 to UConn, 57 to Houston, 41 to Tulane and 38 to Marshall.  Forgive me for thinking Wisc puts up 42+ on us.  

I hear you.....We are making the BIG assumption that this Defense is improved over last year, and that this is indeed a new year.

I know - need to see it before you believe it.  I do as well, to a certain extent.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Did they actually miss practice time or just move them around according to the weather.  I don't recall seeing any practices being cancelled, just moved.

I believe one was missed for sure...one too many in my book 

Guest Jonesy Bull

Regardless of how our Defense plays in this game, the trick is going to be taking full advantage of our Offensive possessions.  We have to cash in on TD's in the Red Zone, and not settle for FG attempts.....or we likely lose.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Regardless of how our Defense plays in this game, the trick is going to be taking full advantage of our Offensive possessions.  We have to cash in on TD's in the Red Zone, and not settle for FG attempts.....or we likely lose.

agreed... which is why I'm happy Bell puts a big emphasis on red zone offense.

21 minutes ago, Calibull said:

agreed... which is why I'm happy Bell puts a big emphasis on red zone offense.

Because most coaches think WTF, we made it this far that's good enough?