• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Excellent points throughout and I completely agree...especially your later points about the importance of getting off to a good start this year. Going 2-0 is good and will do wonders for attendance. The last four games are most critical has we have a gauntlet to go through. Having nice crowds for those games are critical.  

Front and back loaded this season, for sure. I like the baptism by fire against Wisconsin. If we are to catch anyone by surprise, it will be in week 1. They will have no film on us whatsoever. We were better than Ga. Tech last year and I think we got better and they are transitioning into a new philosophy under a new HC. I really like our chances (50/50) of winning both of the first two games. Then we get to settle in with SC State, SMU, and UCONN. If we start out 2-0, there is no way I don't see us getting to 5-0.  There aren't many teams in the nation that will have a harder final 3 games than Cincy, Memphis, and at UCF.  August 30th can't get here soon enough! 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

The destruction of the Big East killed enthusiasm for many fans I'm sure. Despite how much trash was talked about the Big East, it WAS a BCS conference. The American isn't a bad conference by any means, but the drop in perception now with the Power 5 and the Greater 5 we are on the outside looking in.

Also, Skip Holtz.

I am excited about the season of course, but USF is going to live on die hards until an invite to one of the P5 conferences. Nobody is packing the stands for USF-Tulsa. It is what it is. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, emrober5 said:

The destruction of the Big East killed enthusiasm for many fans I'm sure. Despite how much trash was talked about the Big East, it WAS a BCS conference. The American isn't a bad conference by any means, but the drop in perception now with the Power 5 and the Greater 5 we are on the outside looking in.

Also, Skip Holtz.

I am excited about the season of course, but USF is going to live on die hards until an invite to one of the P5 conferences. Nobody is packing the stands for USF-Tulsa. It is what it is. 

No one is arguing that however not sitting around waiting for something that may or may not happen.  We got a team, we got some talent, let’s kick UW and GA Tech’s A$$ and live in the moment.   

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Calibull said:

We've never even won a conference we've been in.  Maybe being able to call your school a champion goes a long way.  Seems like it has for some other programs in our conference.

People keep saying a conference championship doesn't matter.  Yes it does.  

+1000

42 minutes ago, Calibull said:

We've never even won a conference we've been in.  Maybe being able to call your school a champion goes a long way.  Seems like it has for some other programs in our conference.

People keep saying a conference championship doesn't matter.  Yes it does.  

Never in hoops or football, a measly sunbelt tourney in baskets in 1990.  It is kind of amazing there are this many die hards still following our team, will someone please throw us a bone?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Never in hoops or football, a measly sunbelt tourney in baskets in 1990.  It is kind of amazing there are this many die hards still following our team, will someone please throw us a bone?

If we break through, I think we'll see attendance go up again.  I mean for a minute we had students graduate who'd never seen a winning team, that's big when you're building a fan base, which we've always struggled with.  I legitimately think this years team is an animal we haven't seen.  I think they're going to get rolling early...  I can't wait for kickoff. 

I think our fortunes are about to change. 

I predict we will win a conference championship in multiple sports.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, Calibull said:

If we break through, I think we'll see attendance go up again.  I mean for a minute we had students graduate who'd never seen a winning team, that's big when you're building a fan base, which we've always struggled with.  I legitimately think this years team is an animal we haven't seen.  I think they're going to get rolling early...  I can't wait for kickoff. 

I'm willing to bet any amount anyone is willing to wager. USF will win at least 2 conference championships in 2019-2020. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

This kind of rationale thinking will never fly on this board sir!

Be positive jj.  😂

5 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I am smoking from the same bowl you are Cali.  In 30 years of following USF I have never been this high on both teams.  We have a football and a basketball team and a VP of athletics that is connected and on fire.

• Like 1