• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I mean winning is always better than losing but I know me and I would be more disappointed on missing out on the big stage than I would be excited about having won something on the small one.

Same I would be pissed if there was no NYD game. It would be cold in Annapolis...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Same I would be pissed if there was no NYD game. It would be cold in Annapolis...

Hopefully we just win them all and then get to deal with the disappointment of being left out of the playoffs and having to play in the Cotton Bowl, I think I can handle that kind of disappointment.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Hopefully we just win them all and then get to deal with the disappointment of being left out of the playoffs and having to play in the Cotton Bowl, I think I can handle that kind of disappointment.

Yes, we will have a bullspen party at Casa Del Friscobull, it will be worth your while.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, we will have a bullspen party at Casa Del Friscobull, it will be worth your while.

I will see you there.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

If we go undefeated fist thing I'd do is probably is cry tears of happiness. Literally... then I'd get drunk af and read every article written about it... would even watch espn to see what they say.  But mostly get drunk and cry.

Edited by Calibull

7 minutes ago, Calibull said:

If we go undefeated fist thing I'd do is probably is cry tears of happiness. Literally... then I'd get drunk af and read every article written about it... would even watch espn to see what they say.  But mostly get drunk and cry.

At least you have a plan. The best part of every new season is the dreaming. It’s kind of like when you buy that lottery ticket every once and a while so you can talk about all the fun ways you can blow it as fast as possible, the couple of dollars wasted  is marginally fun because for a few minutes you get to dream. I am hardly as positive as you but I never understand the enjoyment people get about imagining losses before they happen, if we lose there is plenty of time for the complaining and second guessing but is the satisfaction of being right that enjoyable that it’s worth being mad about losses weeks and months before they even happen? When is the time you get to enjoy being a fan if you are always waiting for that loss you find inevitable? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

Now I read through this board and all I seem to see are people complaining about a lack of an OCS. People hating this coach or that coach. People refusing to go to a game until we have a perfect season or are in a P5 conference. When did we get too big for our britches? When did the fans of a scrappy young football team think we deserve to sit with Alabama every week. We are still climbing. Sometimes that is slow and sometimes it is leaps and bounds. Sometimes we take a step back just to take two more forward. My point is these storied programs didn't make it to the P5 in 20 years. These programs were around for 100 years or more. 

I guess my point is negativity is a cancer.

Sounds like you were in school during the “good old days” so I doubt you spent much time visiting this board then.

Just so you know, this board has always been mostly negative. Sure there are less people here but the tone of this board has more or less been about the same since I can recall.

This year has more optimism than last year. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am with you...I would certainly fly out to Dallas for that one. 

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At least you have a plan. The best part of every new season is the dreaming. It’s kind of like when you buy that lottery ticket every once and a while so you can talk about all the fun ways you can blow it as fast as possible, the couple of dollars wasted  is marginally fun because for a few minutes you get to dream. I am hardly as positive as you but I never understand the enjoyment people get about imagining losses before they happen, if we lose there is plenty of time for the complaining and second guessing but is the satisfaction of being right that enjoyable that it’s worth being mad about losses weeks and months before they even happen? When is the time you get to enjoy being a fan if you are always waiting for that loss you find inevitable? 

Not so much as a plan as a shocked reaction.  I feel good this season though... a little better than normal. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone knows I'm a fan boy... but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check because I think it's for real this season.