• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What we have lost as a fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

What a roller coaster of a thread.

I was about to comment on the attendance malaise about half way in, but reading the rest of it now makes me ready to SMASH THROUGH A BRICK WALL!!!

I was there for Auburn, WV, FSU in 09, Miami etc. We will shock the country again.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe the downtown building can show USF colors before we have to win 6 games.

Keep bringing your kids to the games and getting them excited. My nephew was that kid and now he attends USF and goes to every sports event. Knows every stat. I hate saying it but a “grass roots” effort is what it takes for the long term. It won’t be quick, but I don’t want USF to become just the flavor of the week again. I, for one, am pumped for the season and I am inviting non fans to come to the Wisconsin with me. One at a time. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Excellent points throughout and I completely agree...especially your later points about the importance of getting off to a good start this year. Going 2-0 is good and will do wonders for attendance. The last four games are most critical as we have a gauntlet to go through. Having nice crowds for those games are critical.  In terms on realignment that is out of hands (and I think the best we do is a slimmed down Big12) but as you have stated we have to be winning to get people to notice. 

I hate to :icon_deadhorse:  but, IMO, it's not about winning the big name game. I think over the years we have done a good job of that. BUT! It's about winning THE game. The one where we have built some excitement, casual fans begin showing up, media is talking, etc. Historically we have 💩 the bed in THAT game. Maybe this is the year...

10 hours ago, Brad said:

It means more having one than not.  

But it also means less having one in AAC than in BE.  

Well, there is no BE. That ship has sailed, or sunk, so until there is a better option a few AAC trophies will be awesome!

And just for arguments sake, I give you SMU and Tulane. They both have trophies.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And just for arguments sake, I give you SMU and Tulane. They both have trophies.

GO BULLS!

Thank you for that.  I know many are not as old as I am and do not remember when Houston and SMU were big time SWC teams and do not know the history of Tulane being in the SEC. The old Tulane stadium was even large enough to host Super Bowls IV, VI, IX.  

Edited by Mission9

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

Let me premise this with the facts that I am both Alumni and have been holding 6 season tickets for several years now. 

That said every season I get excited about the upcoming season. I get eager to smell burgers on the grill at the tailgate, to hear the fight song played in the stadium, and to throw my horns up.  Back when I was in college (the great years) we did not have this defeatist attitude as a fan base. We went to games because it was fun. If we lost we were still back the next week. I fought to catch any away game I could find on TV because more often than not it was **** near impossible. I was relegated to watching the updates on ESPN.com. Yet I still came back the next week. Yes we had some great wins but every season we had the slide at the end of the season. Yet I still came back. 

Now I read through this board and all I seem to see are people complaining about a lack of an OCS. People hating this coach or that coach. People refusing to go to a game until we have a perfect season or are in a P5 conference. When did we get too big for our britches? When did the fans of a scrappy young football team think we deserve to sit with Alabama every week. We are still climbing. Sometimes that is slow and sometimes it is leaps and bounds. Sometimes we take a step back just to take two more forward. My point is these storied programs didn't make it to the P5 in 20 years. These programs were around for 100 years or more. 

I guess my point is negativity is a cancer. Yes it is ok to be disappointed in a loss. It is fine to disagree with this coach or that coach. All that aside go to the games. Support these kids who are out there playing their heart out. The more full the stadium is the more exciting it is. The more exciting it is the more people will want to be apart of it. 

In conclusion don't wait for the program to be a top tier team before supporting them. Be there now. 

This thread is all your fault.  Keep your thoughts to yourself.  But you did manage to get every argument boiled down to one topic.  So :guinness:

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

32 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I hate to :icon_deadhorse:  but, IMO, it's not about winning the big name game. I think over the years we have done a good job of that. BUT! It's about winning THE game. The one where we have built some excitement, casual fans begin showing up, media is talking, etc. Historically we have 💩 the bed in THAT game. Maybe this is the year...

Well, there is no BE. That ship has sailed, or sunk, so until there is a better option a few AAC trophies will be awesome!

GO BULLS!

Yes. We are great at splashy OOC wins against "big name" opponents. But we can't get it done on the games that determine championships.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, Friscobull said:

No one is arguing that however not sitting around waiting for something that may or may not happen.  We got a team, we got some talent, let’s kick UW and GA Tech’s A$$ and live in the moment.   

Exactly. We can talk about the team from the CJL days but that was a decade ago. People are hung up on the one week we were in the top 10 but that was 12 years ago. Live in the now. 

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

BRad from Malibu you know this will be epic, when the confetti rains down on Kennedy blvd in January after the ny6 win over UGA you will be throwing your boxers on stage celebrating our first conference title, and PUC will be at your side with a big smile on his face also going commando 

Wait... Is this a thing? Bulls going Commando. Hell if we win conference title I will join haha .

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

If we go undefeated fist thing I'd do is probably is cry tears of happiness. Literally... then I'd get drunk af and read every article written about it... would even watch espn to see what they say.  But mostly get drunk and cry.

Dont forget buy every news paper possible 

6 hours ago, LewSFBulls said:

What a roller coaster of a thread.

I was about to comment on the attendance malaise about half way in, but reading the rest of it now makes me ready to SMASH THROUGH A BRICK WALL!!!

I was there for Auburn, WV, FSU in 09, Miami etc. We will shock the country again.

That's the spirit. Don't let us in the room for the conversation? That's ok. Bulls will bust through the wall.