• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2019 Transfer with the biggest impact against Wisky?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

If he plays, K.J. Sails... if not Macon

If Sails and Hampton shut them down outside and allow us to put an extra guy in the box, you could see havoc in their backfield. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Calibull said:

If he plays, K.J. Sails... if not Macon

If Sails and Hampton shut them down outside and allow us to put an extra guy in the box, you could see havoc in their backfield. 

Sails getting to play this year will be huge.  Wonder when we find out..imagine soon.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

14 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Sails getting to play this year will be huge.  Wonder when we find out..imagine soon.

Yeah... In an interview I read he seemed pretty confident... hopefully it's for good reason.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I will go with a dark horse that no one is really talking about, McArthur Burnett. He was a Florida commit that redshirted in 2016, got some playing time in 2017, and competed well at Coffeyville CC in 2018, including returning 2 of his 4 INT for TDs. This was a snippet from a scouting report on him that I found particularly promising: Scarily similar to Deatrick Nichols, but faster

If KJ Sails doesn't get the waiver, I could see Burnett emerge as one of the big-time play makers on the defensive side of the ball.

My bold (wishful) prediction: INT return for a TD against Wisconsin. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

For this game alone, I’ll go with Macon. Physical LB that can get downhill and give us the pretense of a true MLB.

Outside of what Macon can provide from a production standpoint, I’m really intrigued with how CCS will use the depth at LB. For the first time in his tenure here, we have the depth to show a more traditional 3-4 look on early downs. Here’s an idea of what this COULD look like - 

DE Livingstone NT Kegler DE Yates 

OLB Reaves LB Macon LB Sawtelle OLB Boyles

We most certainly could not have run this the last year or two with McGee in that lineup. Interested to see how CCS uses this newly acquired depth

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We also can't play a 3 3 5 verses Wisconsin.  We will HAVE to have 8 in the box at all times and DBs on an island. 

25 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

For this game alone, I’ll go with Macon. Physical LB that can get downhill and give us the pretense of a true MLB.

Outside of what Macon can provide from a production standpoint, I’m really intrigued with how CCS will use the depth at LB. For the first time in his tenure here, we have the depth to show a more traditional 3-4 look on early downs. Here’s an idea of what this COULD look like - 

DE Livingstone NT Kegler DE Yates 

OLB Reaves LB Macon LB Sawtelle OLB Boyles

We most certainly could not have run this the last year or two with McGee in that lineup. Interested to see how CCS uses this newly acquired depth

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

We also can't afford to put Reaves at linebacker anymore, hes so much more effective as a lineman

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

12 hours ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

We also can't afford to put Reaves at linebacker anymore, hes so much more effective as a lineman

If he is playing more of a hybrid, rushing OLB in a 3-4 set, that would work, but I agree, we will be in bad shape if we are using him as a traditional LB.