• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's beat writers need to tap the brakes.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just now, puc86 said:

Several inches 

more than two but not many.
"the writer had several inches"
synonyms: some, a number of, a few, not very many, a handful of, a small group of, various, a variety of, assorted, sundry, diverse;
literarydivers
"several people came early"

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Point of order, this is not the NCAA's doing.  They have nothing to do with the FBS post season.

OK point taken.....but I really was more talking about the discussion around the overall management of the Power Conferences, who gets in, criteria of who gets in, etc.  Maybe I'm not knowledgeable enough to know, but isn't the NCAA suppose to be the governing body and makes the rules and regulations for these types of things.....It all seems to be so subjective, and it appears to me the NCAA can pretty much do anything they want and they are not governed or held to any type of written standards.

With these people in charge, it seems we have to kiss a lot of ass, and push the right buttons to get inclusion.  That's where I'm hoping that Mr. Kelly's knowledge and connections come in.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well i didnt see them included in your proposed group of teams above.

To answer your question.  The schools included in your scenario would consider us good enough to be a Power Conference....BUT the only thing that matters is what the all mighty NCAA thinks and their cronies like ESPN.  I dont see them ever letting us into the CLUB.  What motivation do they have?

Tulsa and Tulane would remain in the AAC. We, along with UCF, Houston, Memphis, Temple, Navy, and maybe ECU would be leaving the AAC to form a brand new conference along with BYU, Army, and the best of the MWC. Tulsa and Tulane wouldn't be kicked out, just left behind while we move on. Not sure what would happen with the AAC in such a scenario. Would probably just dissolve, and the remaining teams would end up in CUSA. Tulsa and Tulane have CUSA written all over them anyway.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

Tulsa and Tulane would remain in the AAC. We, along with UCF, Houston, Memphis, Temple, Navy, and maybe ECU would be leaving the AAC to form a brand new conference along with BYU, Army, and the best of the MWC. Tulsa and Tulane wouldn't be kicked out, just left behind while we move on. Not sure what would happen with the AAC in such a scenario. Would probably just dissolve, and the remaining teams would end up in CUSA. Tulsa and Tulane have CUSA written all over them anyway.

OK, that sounds like an interesting scenario, and I would be for it......is this just something you are hoping that happens as a hypothetical, or is there actual real discussions about this happening.  Links?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

OK, that sounds like an interesting scenario, and I would be for it......is this just something you are hoping that happens as a hypothetical, or is there actual real discussions about this happening.  Links?

This is complete fantasy right now. Would be nice. I wonder what the TV deal $$ of such a conference would look like compared to the current AAC contract?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

This is what will essentially happen when the Big 12 splits. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

This is complete fantasy right now. Would be nice. I wonder what the TV deal $$ of such a conference would look like compared to the current AAC contract?

If Army, BYU, Air Force, Boise, San Diego St., and Colorado St. were involved you'd easily be doubling the 7 mil a year each program gets with the new AAC contract. Still probably falling well short of the 22 mil a year each program is getting in the Big 12. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

OK point taken.....but I really was more talking about the discussion around the overall management of the Power Conferences, who gets in, criteria of who gets in, etc.  Maybe I'm not knowledgeable enough to know, but isn't the NCAA suppose to be the governing body and makes the rules and regulations for these types of things.....It all seems to be so subjective, and it appears to me the NCAA can pretty much do anything they want and they are not governed or held to any type of written standards.

With these people in charge, it seems we have to kiss a lot of ass, and push the right buttons to get inclusion.  That's where I'm hoping that Mr. Kelly's knowledge and connections come in.

The NCAA granted the P5 autonomy. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Winning a conference or divisional title doesn't make it a good conference.

Just so happens we've played our worse in a worse conference.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Brad said:

Winning a conference or divisional title doesn't make it a good conference.

Just so happens we've played our worse in a worse conference.

We've also have had alot of missed opportunities. 

But that is neither here nor there now.  Has no bearing with what will might happen in the future.  I get the feeling with the new regime in place (Mr. Kelly) that our best days are ahead of us.

Edited by Jonesy Bull
Missed word