• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's beat writers need to tap the brakes.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

The only way to win is get the **** out, just like the Titanic if you didn't make it onto a lifeboat you didn't win anything no matter how many games of shuffleboard you may have been ahead just before succumbing to hypothermia. 

….and go where? We're not wanted/needed by any P5 conference right now. It is what it is. It would be great if, as mentioned in a recent thread, all the best G5 teams remaining took matters into their own hands and formed their own conference, and hope it gets a "Power" conference billing. Until then, it's AAC for us. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We have beat writers?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 hours ago, Skingraft said:

We have beat writers?

We have writers that our fans would like to beat, does that count?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

….and go where? We're not wanted/needed by any P5 conference right now. It is what it is. It would be great if, as mentioned in a recent thread, all the best G5 teams remaining took matters into their own hands and formed their own conference, and hope it gets a "Power" conference billing. Until then, it's AAC for us. 

Anything else. Go independent and become road warriors by picking up 2-1 like they are candy (50k for 5 games is better than 7 games of 25k), blow the conference up and try to scrape together something that may interest the world by taking the best of the rest from every G5 conference or even consider dropping down further even even dropping football all together to focus on the other sports that have a legitimate path forward. What is clearly not working is to try to force the AAC P6 model down consumers throats since we are hemorrhaging money and fans by producing a product that’s far more expensive than its market value. If we were trying to claim this product as a business on our personal taxes we would be told it’s not a business but a hobby, that’s a problem at some point and when that point comes it will be changed for us if we haven’t proactively changed it ourselves. In conclusion the AAC sucks, the market does not care for it at all, to make matters worse being in the AAC is expensive, making that matter worse the AAC does not make much money, this causes us to operate at a huge deficit, losing money is bad, UCONN is paying $10 million to flee their huge AAC deficit and at some point every member of this **** show will be forced to make some difficult choice on how to deal with Wareshouses full of cds we have produced.

• Downvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Anything else. Go independent and become road warriors by picking up 2-1 like they are candy (50k for 5 games is better than 7 games of 25k), blow the conference up and try to scrape together something that may interest the world by taking the best of the rest from every G5 conference or even consider dropping down further even even dropping football all together to focus on the other sports that have a legitimate path forward. What is clearly not working is to try to force the AAC P6 model down consumers throats since we are hemorrhaging money and fans by producing a product that’s far more expensive than its market value. If we were trying to claim this product as a business on our personal taxes we would be told it’s not a business but a hobby, that’s a problem at some point and when that point comes it will be changed for us if we haven’t proactively changed it ourselves. In conclusion the AAC sucks, the market does not care for it at all, to make matters worse being in the AAC is expensive, making that matter worse the AAC does not make much money, this causes us to operate at a huge deficit, losing money is bad, UCONN is paying $10 million to flee their huge AAC deficit and at some point every member of this **** show will be forced to make some difficult choice on how to deal with Wareshouses full of cds we have produced.

By now I assume you just cut and paste this...

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Glad to see UConn test the waters.  Maybe they are on the right track...

Soon we’ll have a thread not titled Conference Expansion, but Conference Contraction....

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Conference? Bull's247?   1st)  Personally I like App State they play good football but, Boone is tough to get to for anyone except ECU. UConn replacement? AAC needs to look for a step-up like the BYU possibility or Air Force. Now.. I cant believe that someone hasn't mentioned the 247 post about "IPF Coming Soon" (unless I missed it somewhere) I figured this comment would be a hot issue with many hard hitting opinions along with some ridicule. Possibly they see the funds from TBP are going to push it over the edge $$..?     Oh well, saw that "teaser" on 247 and felt compelled to play around with it. 

MK, if you were the source for that leak to the 247 poster then I do apologize and await your press conference...well done applause GIF

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

By now I assume you just cut and paste this...

I have a program that crawls the site for key words and then auto responds with various tangents in various configurations based on the key words it finds. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have a program that crawls the site for key words and then auto responds with various tangents in various configurations based on the key words it finds. 

You kids and your newfangled technology...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, Skingraft said:

We have beat writers?

This ⏫ was my first thought as well.