• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's beat writers need to tap the brakes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I appreciate your perspective but obviously I could not disagree more vehemently. I hate every single thing about the AAC and I rue the day we created this conference. I hate every single one of our conference mates sans Cincinnati and UConn and I wish them nothing but ill will and misfortune. That we have sunk so low as to be in a conference with UCF literally causes me to vomit at least once a week. As far as I am concerned the only way to win the AAC is to get out of it and I want nothing more than to leave this den of thieves behind never to look back as I trust every other “member” would do to us if given the chance. This is the land of misfit toys and no one is here by their choosing and would destroy every single other conference mate in order to escape for a few glorious years. I am glad you like it and are happy though, hopefully you get that conference championship, you can get someone to make you a shirt on Etsy and it’s everything you hoped and dreamed it could be.

Yeah, I hear you, and I too appreciate your perspective, but i find it iperplexing. What is so bad about the teams in this conference? Is it just the level of football? I cant think of a better conference as far as road trips, every city that the AAC schools are in, save Orlando, is beautiful. Yes, i suppose, even Philadelphia. But even Philly and Orlando are big draws to some folks. I mean, Cincy, Greenvile, Annapolis, beautiful. New Orleans,  Memphis, Wichita  huge historical spots for music. Not to mention the beach of Tampa and  the amusement parks of Orlando. The only conference I think has better destinations is the PAC-12. But I'm sure you have your reasons as I am sure, whatever conference we end up in, even if its the Metro Atlantic, I'll be happy, I remember when USF didnt even have football.  I just think we should stop acting like the NCAA owes us something and we should be given the next open door because we have (with dramatic flair) suffered ever so! 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

There is quite simply zero examples of winning having any effect on anyone being called up and every example of things we actually excelled at having everything to do with the call ups. North Carolina has as more P5 schools than Florida does, so there is plenty of room for growth. When you look at the location of our school, the television market, the growing academics and the size of our student base (all of which have demonstrated that we do just fine when we are in a real conference) we are as desirable as any left behind school. There are roughly 10 people on the internet that know or care that we have not won a conference championship and it has nothing to do with if we will be called up or should be called up. 

E2BE378C-1FFB-4C2D-8791-4385E43D3FBA.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

E2BE378C-1FFB-4C2D-8791-4385E43D3FBA.gif

Of course I remembered to include you in that 10.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Yeah, I hear you, and I too appreciate your perspective, but i find it iperplexing. What is so bad about the teams in this conference? Is it just the level of football? I cant think of a better conference as far as road trips, every city that the AAC schools are in, save Orlando, is beautiful. Yes, i suppose, even Philadelphia. But even Philly and Orlando are big draws to some folks. I mean, Cincy, Greenvile, Annapolis, beautiful. New Orleans,  Memphis, Wichita  huge historical spots for music. Not to mention the beach of Tampa and  the amusement parks of Orlando. The only conference I think has better destinations is the PAC-12. But I'm sure you have your reasons as I am sure, whatever conference we end up in, even if its the Metro Atlantic, I'll be happy, I remember when USF didnt even have football.  I just think we should stop acting like the NCAA owes us something and we should be given the next open door because we have (with dramatic flair) suffered ever so! 

Out of 66 schools that were in BCS conferences there are exactly 3 that got left behind in the conference realignment so we absolutely were slighted and have clearly suffered. The conference is made up of teams that we had clearly moved passed and while they have gotten a hand up by us joining them it certainly has come at a horrible cost to ourselves. The cities maybe okay but the teams are not ones that I have even a passing interest in so I would prefer to travel to cities far nicer that don't involve football and travel to football games that mean far more in cities that maybe marginally less desirable (although I actually hate every single city you listed that I have had the misfortune of visiting).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Out of 66 schools that were in BCS conferences there are exactly 3 that got left behind in the conference realignment so we absolutely were slighted and have clearly suffered. The conference is made up of teams that we had clearly moved passed and while they have gotten a hand up by us joining them it certainly has come at a horrible cost to ourselves.

Every time I read one of these slightly embarrassing, as a USF fan, entitlement rants I'm reminded of Dan Jenkins awesome quote about the '80's Gator fans, "Florida has the arrogance of Notre Dame and the tradition of Wake Forest" ....... except Wake had won a conference championship. The Big East invite was a short term blessing financially and in fan experience, being at the big boys' table. Long term, may have been the worst thing that ever happened to us .....

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Every time I read one of these slightly embarrassing, as a USF fan, entitlement rants I'm reminded of Dan Jenkins awesome quote about the '80's Gator fans, "Florida has the arrogance of Notre Dame and the tradition of Wake Forest" ....... except Wake had won a conference championship. The Big East invite was a short term blessing financially and in fan experience, being at the big boys' table. Long term, may have been the worst thing that ever happened to us .....

Hopefully we can have some more of that misfortune in the future. Every single member of this conference besides three of us are better off today than they were 10 years ago and all other BCS schools have moved on to the P5 besides UConn, Cinci and us. We certainly got the short end of the stick while every other school in the NCAA remained the same or improved, it’s indisputable facts that have forced one of the only three likely situated teams to bail on this abortion even without a sound landing place for its football program. The founding of the program, moving to FBS, CUSA and the Beast were all an upward trajectory to be celebrated and the only thing that was a huge fall and not deserving of celebration was the move to the AAC. The AAC was great for some people but unfortunately we aren’t part of that group and we got screwed, pardon me for not celebrating.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Out of 66 schools that were in BCS conferences there are exactly 3 that got left behind in the conference realignment so we absolutely were slighted and have clearly suffered. The conference is made up of teams that we had clearly moved passed and while they have gotten a hand up by us joining them it certainly has come at a horrible cost to ourselves. The cities maybe okay but the teams are not ones that I have even a passing interest in so I would prefer to travel to cities far nicer that don't involve football and travel to football games that mean far more in cities that maybe marginally less desirable (although I actually hate every single city you listed that I have had the misfortune of visiting).

36 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Hopefully we can have some more of that misfortune in the future. Every single member of this conference besides three of us are better off today than they were 10 years ago and all other BCS schools have moved on to the P5 besides UConn, Cinci and us. We certainly got the short end of the stick while every other school in the NCAA remained the same or improved, it’s indisputable facts that have forced one of the only three likely situated teams to bail on this abortion even without a sound landing place for its football program. The founding of the program, moving to FBS, CUSA and the Beast were all an upward trajectory to be celebrated and the only thing that was a huge fall and not deserving of celebration was the move to the AAC. The AAC was great for some people but unfortunately we aren’t part of that group and we got screwed, pardon me for not celebrating.

You are a joy to try to follow.  First, there were only roughly a dozen schools in the Big East that imploded.  Throwing out that big number impresses you, we know.  But the others that were in that Big East aren't even playing football or not in P5 conferences. 

We at one time got a hand up so now, of the schools you are talking about, we are all in the same crappy conference.  Water tends to seek its own level. Without the hand out into the Big East where would be now? Probably the AAC and you'd be delighted.

So it looks like you're looking for another handout.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You are a joy to try to follow.  First, there were only roughly a dozen schools in the Big East that imploded.  Throwing out that big number impresses you, we know.  But the others that were in that Big East aren't even playing football or not in P5 conferences. 

We at one time got a hand up so now, of the schools you are talking about, we are all in the same crappy conference.  Water tends to seek its own level. Without the hand out into the Big East where would be now? Probably the AAC and you'd be delighted.

So it looks like you're looking for another handout.

When we were in Conference  USA it was markedly better than the AAC is, I am not comparing the AAC simply to the BEAST but to our entire history of conferences and unfortunately it doesn’t measure up. I would not like it on a boat I would not like it in a moat I do not like the AAC and wish that it could let us be.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

PUC86  you are absolutely correct.