• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's beat writers need to tap the brakes.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/6/25/18758838/uconn-big-east-american-conference-kickout-tulsa-ecu

Before the writers and fan decides who is worthy, they might want to look in the mirror. Appalachian and GEORGIA Southern both play championship football. Usf has 0 conference championships, no stadium of their own and 9k people showing up to games.

Not trying to dog the program, but put something in the trophy case and improve your value before trying to lobby on who should be added. Waste no effort on who should be kicked out.

Lame post. Put us in those **** conferences and we would have championships. If we add any teams from that list of losers you mention then the AAC is trash. No one is getting rid of any team in the AAC and if we did we would start with Tulsa. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Collin isn't exactly a "USF beat writer". 

I would define him more as a very enthusiastic fan who has his very own unique personality. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/6/25/18758838/uconn-big-east-american-conference-kickout-tulsa-ecu

Before the writers and fan decides who is worthy, they might want to look in the mirror. Appalachian and GEORGIA Southern both play championship football. Usf has 0 conference championships, no stadium of their own and 9k people showing up to games.

Not trying to dog the program, but put something in the trophy case and improve your value before trying to lobby on who should be added. Waste no effort on who should be kicked out.

If you're talking a football only member, then ANYTHING would be an upgrade over UConn. I don't think App St, or Georgia Southern, or FAU, or Marshall any more embarrassing than Tulsa. 

Being that we aren't going to be P5 for the foreseeable future, what better alternative is there than the AAC? The athletic department is doing what they can to put P5 teams on the schedule. I think we're making the best of the situation we're in. Beating the occasional P5 team, or winning the AAC is the best we can do for now. Got to deal with it until we get the P5 invite, if that ever happens..

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

43 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

How about we show that by winning it for once.  I'd also rather be in Vandy or Wake's position than winning an AAC championship, but since that's not happening any time soon, let's at least show that we can win this "crap" conference. 

The only way to win is get the **** out, just like the Titanic if you didn't make it onto a lifeboat you didn't win anything no matter how many games of shuffleboard you may have been ahead just before succumbing to hypothermia. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

40 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Those programs have money and good local following in contrast. Also, they have other sports that are competitive with the conference and nationally or at least at some point in time to maintain value. 

If we were in the SEC we would have money and a following too and if anyone was relegated to the AAC they would be facing the same fate it has bestowed us. The AAC is a death sentence for our program and we are just waiting to see if we can somehow miracle our way to salvation but that fate is in no way tied to if we win something the world has already determined it cares nothing about. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

There isn’t a single school that wouldn’t change a lifetime of AAC championships for the opportunity to be Vanderbilt or Wake Forrest

Not so sure, with our academics at the preeminent level we have both Vanderbilt and Wake looking up at us with envy thanks to Genshaft.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Personally, I wouldn't classify them as USF "beat writers", gives them too much journalistic integrity. It's pretty much a fan blog site and that article is just like a thread started on here ..... in fact, I'm surprised a similar one hasn't already popped up here.

Case in point:

On 6/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, Brad said:

I wouldn't add anybody.  I'd kick out some though.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,088
  • Days Won:  56

On 6/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, Friscobull said:

Not so sure, with our academics at the preeminent level we have both Vanderbilt and Wake looking up at us with envy thanks to Genshaft.

Uh, no. Not yet.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

31 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Uh, no. Not yet.

I am just wondering when the Ivy League comes knocking on our door in the near future as we continue our ascent will we sacrifice our athletics to join the academic ranks of Harvard, Yale, Princeton etc..will be a tough decision.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I am just wondering when the Ivy League comes knocking on our door in the near future as we continue our ascent will we sacrifice our athletics to join the academic ranks of Harvard, Yale, Princeton etc..will be a tough decision.  

Can we just get to AAU first?