• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slowly the "tide" changes for UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

New posters really should have to be drug tested before being allowed to post here

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

53 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t care it’s fun and keeps me from beating my same drums on the main board.

And don't think we don't appreciate you taking one for the team over here ....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And don't think we don't appreciate you taking one for the team over here ....

It really kills two birds with one stone, UCF fans stay engaged and I stay engaged , pretty much everyone wins.

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

It really kills two birds with one stone, UCF fans stay engaged and I stay engaged , pretty much everyone wins.

Even UCF fan because he apparently believes that keeping some of us engaged is some sort of worthy accomplishment ....... a, dare I say, moral victory?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Even UCF fan because he apparently believes that keeping some of us engaged is some sort of worthy accomplishment ....... a, dare I say, moral victory?

As I said in the other thread, I commend you for trying to understand about hypotheses and what is admittedly a higher concept conversation than is typical on a message board. I'm ok moving on from here with you if you are. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Would you say it's his hypothesis?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Which he refuses to test?

Honestly, this is getting a lot less fun and making me sad. Usually, the fun at this stage of a program is the unmerited arrogance. And I've seen a little bit of that. But I challenged Bulls fans to brag about their program and the best I got was 'good media market' and 'relationships with BCS programs' like your buddy, Louisville. 

And typically when I visit boards, there's at least one person who can understand why I'm saying that I can banter with. 

But it seems like I visited too late. On some level, y'all seem to already realize that your program sucks and you're in bad shape. And I don't have anyone to banter with, because y'all don't have people that can engage at that level. 

The academic smack and realignment smack don't go very deep here, and where I was having fun seeing the arrogance, now I'm just kind of feeling sorry for you. 

Which is never a place I thought I could get to with Bulls fans. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,315
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, atsKnight said:

I just figured that if UCF had no hope of passing USF and I asked you to tell me about how great a state the USF program is to shut out all hope, you would have more for me than 'we have a slightly bigger media market' and 'we're almost a top 100 school'. 

Nothing about your coach or OC or AD or QB? Y'all hosted a HUGE game with WVU, right? You're going to have one of the best IPFs in the country soon! 

I was hoping a bunch of USF fans would love the chance to brag on the program and talk about how USF has everything and UCF has nothing. The bragging was pretty disappointing, frankly. And your buddies all went silent. 

Your AD and fan base has not made any fans or friend in power five world of football. UCF screams look at me with an entitlement/spoiled brat syndrome while acting like they are superior to teams that have won real national championships and had long-term success. You have had two great seasons, but that doesn't guarantee you a sit on at the big boy table. I get it you are a UCF alum/fan and are proud of your school. Being relevant and good for a few years does not turn you into a power five dream team or force your way into the power five conferences with the big boys. Yes, your team was better than us the last couple of years, but they took a lot longer to get a good product on the field. The college football world was celebrating when you lost against LSU and Pittsburgh and can finally bury you and the notion that you deserve a national championship and playoff talk. There is no magic formula to get in a power five conference, the conferences have to invite you and want you to be apart of them.

Now we will compare us directly to UCF. You have been in existence since 1979 and have been around for 40 years. , UCF played its first game on September 22, 1979 against St. Leo University. Your program has an overall record of 259-210-1 (.552) and a bowl record or 4-6 during 40 years of existence. USF is the fastest team to win games 150 games in FCS history. USF has 154 wins in 20 years. We are 154-113 overall with a .599 win percentage. USF has a bowl record of 6-4. If your team was so great, why do you have 104 more wins in 20 more years of existence? That is not even six full wins years per season and gives you 20 losing seasons. You have had two NY6 bowl games, and I will provide you with respect on that, but you have four less bowl game wins in 20 more years? How do you define your program as being superior to ours with lower winning percentage, less bowl wins, and had an twenty year head start? Your biggest win was Auburn on a neutral site. We went into Jordan-Hare and beat them 12 years earlier in a stadium that has history, success, national championships, and traditions. You have a small OCS stadium, and your fans act like it is the SWAMP, The Horse, Bryant-Denny, Memorial Stadium, Jordan-Hare, Sanford Stadium, The Doak, Death Valley, Michigan Stadium, or some prestigious stadium with history of huge games and national championships. It is a mediocre entry-level OCS. There are power five teams that play in professional stadiums, and there is zero evidence that is a hindrance. If you want to go, give yourself an advantage you can mark it. USF is rated better academically, and we have sustained more consistent winning seasons during our young football program's tenure. USF reached real ranking before you and has never gone 0-12. You had a magical and unsustainable two-year run. Academics and research seem to play a huge part in power five conference realignment or else why would teams like Vanderbilt, Duke, Wake Forest, GT, and Rutgers be allowed in. Enjoy your recent success, but remember what goes up must come down. USF can't wait to get for to opportunity beat you this year at home and give us another win to separate our rivalry. 

My final piece of advice for you is that screaming that you are the best and biggest midget at the dinner table does not make you a giant. Enjoy your last few years and ask yourself why does a power five conference need you? There have been theories laid out that we are a package deal, but no proof has been provided. If we both go to the same conference, it will allow USF to beat you and increase the win spread every year. If we do not go as a package deal best of luck, and you can find and make yourself a new rival. We  never dubbed you our rival, you claimed us. So what really makes UCF so much better than USF? The ball is in your court. I never go on your boards and bash your program or put you down. I find the trolls on both fan bases to be pathetic.  UCF should be worried about all these new lifelong fans that showed up during the streak will stay and not disappear as they have in the past.
image.png.1f8f7ae7672334f3b5948b4967248172.png

image.png.f8601b6fc348ad491f9f117b1d35a24b.png
image.png.9305cf5dc9888992127878a968699105.png

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,315
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Your AD and fan base has not made any fans or friend in power five world of football. UCF screams look at me with an entitlement/spoiled brat syndrome while acting like they are superior to teams that have won real national championships and had long-term success. You have had two great seasons, but that doesn't guarantee you a sit on at the big boy table. I get it you are a UCF alum/fan and are proud of your school. Being relevant and good for a few years does not turn you into a power five dream team or force your way into the power five conferences with the big boys. Yes, your team was better than us the last couple of years, but they took a lot longer to get a good product on the field. The college football world was celebrating when you lost against LSU and Pittsburgh and can finally bury you and the notion that you deserve a national championship and playoff talk. There is no magic formula to get in a power five conference, the conferences have to invite you and want you to be apart of them.

Now we will compare us directly to UCF. You have been in existence since 1979 and have been around for 40 years. , UCF played its first game on September 22, 1979 against St. Leo University. Your program has an overall record of 259-210-1 (.552) and a bowl record or 4-6 during 40 years of existence. USF is the fastest team to win games 150 games in FCS history. USF has 154 wins in 22 years. We are 154-113 overall with a .599 win percentage. USF has a bowl record of 6-4. If your team was so great, why do you have 104 more wins in 18 more years of existence? That is not even six full wins years per season and gives you 18 losing seasons. You have had two NY6 bowl games, and I will provide you with respect on that, but you have four less bowl game wins in 18 more years? How do you define your program as being superior to ours with lower winning percentage, less bowl wins, and had an twenty year head start? Your biggest win was Auburn on a neutral site. We went into Jordan-Hare and beat them 12 years earlier in a stadium that has history, success, national championships, and traditions. You have a small OCS stadium, and your fans act like it is the SWAMP, The Horse, Bryant-Denny, Memorial Stadium, Jordan-Hare, Sanford Stadium, The Doak, Death Valley, Michigan Stadium, or some prestigious stadium with history of huge games and national championships. It is a mediocre entry-level OCS. There are power five teams that play in professional stadiums, and there is zero evidence that is a hindrance. If you want to go, give yourself an advantage you can mark it. USF is rated better academically, and we have sustained more consistent winning seasons during our young football program's tenure. USF reached real ranking before you and has never gone 0-12. You had a magical and unsustainable two-year run. Academics and research seem to play a huge part in power five conference realignment or else why would teams like Vanderbilt, Duke, Wake Forest, GT, and Rutgers be allowed in. Enjoy your recent success, but remember what goes up must come down. USF can't wait to get for to opportunity beat you this year at home and give us another win to separate our rivalry. 

My final piece of advice for you is that screaming that you are the best and biggest midget at the dinner table does not make you a giant. Enjoy your last few years and ask yourself why does a power five conference need you? There have been theories laid out that we are a package deal, but no proof has been provided. If we both go to the same conference, it will allow USF to beat you and increase the win spread every year. If we do not go as a package deal best of luck, and you can find and make yourself a new rival. We  never dubbed you our rival, you claimed us. So what really makes UCF so much better than USF? The ball is in your court. I never go on your boards and bash your program or put you down. I find the trolls on both fan bases to be pathetic.  UCF should be worried about all these new lifelong fans that showed up during the streak will stay and not disappear as they have in the past.
image.png.1f8f7ae7672334f3b5948b4967248172.png

image.png.f8601b6fc348ad491f9f117b1d35a24b.png
image.png.9305cf5dc9888992127878a968699105.png

WE started in 1997 and had you have a 18 year heard start.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Apparently ... and who am I to judge.