• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slowly the "tide" changes for UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, atsKnight said:

What about that post indicates insecurity to you?

You’re here to make it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You’re here to make it.

Is your perspective that people don't interact except when motivated by insecurity?

Just now, atsKnight said:

Is your perspective that people don't interact except when motivated by insecurity?

It’s my perspective that your average UCFer is 94% motivated by insecurity.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It’s my perspective that your average UCFer is 94% motivated by insecurity.

I'm happy to give you another potential perspective on the topic. Some of us just like shooting the **** with rival fans, especially ones that have such different ideas of how to succeed. 

11 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

I'm happy to give you another potential perspective on the topic. Some of us just like shooting the **** with rival fans, especially ones that have such different ideas of how to succeed. 

But that’s my point. We have a bye this week and you’re playing a P5 opponent in a few hours...you woke up this morning and making an account on a USF board was your major priority before I even finished my second cup of coffee. I’m 100% certain it never crossed your mind to banter with your actual opponent and find a Pitt board. It’s all USF, all the time.

At 4:00pm the night we played Wisconsin, I didn’t go looking for UCF fans to discuss scheduling philosophies.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

But that’s my point. We have a bye this week and you’re playing a P5 opponent in a few hours...you woke up this morning and making an account on a USF board was your major priority before I even finished my second cup of coffee. I’m 100% certain it never crossed your mind to banter with your actual opponent and find a Pitt board. It’s all USF, all the time.

At 4:00pm the night we played Wisconsin, I didn’t go looking for UCF fans to discuss scheduling philosophies.

I like to stop and read this board from time to time. I have given USF fans advice over the years (OCS, Strong will be a disaster, etc) that is always ignored because it comes from 'the enemy'. I like to check in and watch those positions evolve because I find it interesting and it gives me a good idea of where the UCF program is at because I've watched similar evolutions at other rivals schools. 

I was reading this thread and the post I initially commented on and saw that there has been a consistent thought on this board that UCF fans only come to the board because we're insecure. My experience is that UCF fans visit lots of boards and USF fans visit UCFboards when the program looks good, so I thought I would provide an alternative hypothesis for you to consider. 

Here's another one: is it possible that you insist on the insecurity of UCF fans because you're projecting?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

This is offensive. We have never wanted anything to do with your team or your fanbase. That we now have to associate with you is something most of us would prefer to forget and would never choose to celebrate. I get that you need our approval to feel like this recent success is actually something real but much like your father’s love it’s never coming. I’m sure there has to be someone out there like FAU or FIU that wouldn’t mind friendly banter with you daily but being reminded of how far we have fallen that now you guys feel a kindred spirit with us makes me 🤢

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

This is offensive. We have never wanted anything to do with your team or your fanbase. That we now have to associate with you is something most of us would prefer to forget and would never choose to celebrate. I get that you need our approval to feel like this recent success is actually something real but much like your father’s love it’s never coming. I’m sure there has to be someone out there like FAU or FIU that wouldn’t mind friendly banter with you daily but being reminded of how far we have fallen that now you guys feel a kindred spirit with us makes me 🤢

Puc! I am a big fan of yours. Honestly, you're a big part of the reason I lurk on this board. Watching you be the canary in the coal mine over the years and be completely dismissed by the other fans over the years is easily the most interesting part of this board. 

And we don't feel like kindred spirits with you anymore. We did. When I was reading you sounding the alarm on certain topics (like the OCS, not being rivals), it was interesting because we knew you were right and they were wrong but they had no intention of listening. 

But we were watching UCF make program-building moves for years. And watched USF make program-destroying moves for years. Things can always reverse, but I don't think the average USF fan has realized how far behind y'all are. 

We're not looking for your approval, but it's fascinating to see people begin to realize you were right or just leave the board.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Puc! I am a big fan of yours. Honestly, you're a big part of the reason I lurk on this board. Watching you be the canary in the coal mine over the years and be completely dismissed by the other fans over the years is easily the most interesting part of this board. 

And we don't feel like kindred spirits with you anymore. We did. When I was reading you sounding the alarm on certain topics (like the OCS, not being rivals), it was interesting because we knew you were right and they were wrong but they had no intention of listening. 

But we were watching UCF make program-building moves for years. And watched USF make program-destroying moves for years. Things can always reverse, but I don't think the average USF fan has realized how far behind y'all are. 

We're not looking for your approval, but it's fascinating to see people begin to realize you were right or just leave the board.

I stopped reading at big fan, so you can continue to post as far as I am concerned. Puc86 fans are the only thing I like better than USF fans.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Puc! I am a big fan of yours. Honestly, you're a big part of the reason I lurk on this board.

Great ..... just ******* great. We may have to call a special committee hearing to discuss puc's presence on this site. The pros and cons have been pretty even but this could be a death blow ....

• Haha 1