• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Slowly the "tide" changes for UCF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

Come back every weekend and keep the losing streak alive !

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Come back every weekend and keep the losing streak alive !

Let's hope the losing doesn't turn into a streak. That would be bad for all of us. From what I read on here, we're your best hope of getting into a P5 conference. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Let's hope the losing doesn't turn into a streak. That would be bad for all of us. From what I read on here, we're your best hope of getting into a P5 conference. 

You know that's not true. You're our second best hope. Our best hope is building a stadium like yours.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Considering we have been called to better conferences without you and you have only followed us while not once having been in a better conference we followed you into, I think our best chance to get to a better conference is to stay the **** away from you.

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You know that's not true. You're our second best hope. Our best hope is building a stadium like yours.

I don't think you have time. As I said in another thread, any of us could end up like USM if things don't go well during this next round of contracts. 

Even if you started building an OCS this year, the benefits wouldn't kick for a few years. And you would probably end up with a year or two extra of Strong. In order to bring the fans in, you would need a homerun hire and immediate results. That's all best-case scenario. 

Your best hope is your big brother brings you along for the ride. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Considering we have been called to better conferences without you and you have only followed us while not once having been in a better conference we followed you into, I think our best chance to get to a better conference is to stay the **** away from you.

If you think the times haven't changed, I don't know what to tell you. Where do you think a bottom feeder AAC team ranks among the expansion candidates? If I were y'all, I would be worried about Tulane passing us by. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

I don't think you have time. As I said in another thread, any of us could end up like USM if things don't go well during this next round of contracts. 

Even if you started building an OCS this year, the benefits wouldn't kick for a few years. And you would probably end up with a year or two extra of Strong. In order to bring the fans in, you would need a homerun hire and immediate results. That's all best-case scenario. 

Your best hope is your big brother brings you along for the ride. 

Now I've heard on multiple occasions, the reason no one will schedule UCF for a 1:1 is that they're scared. Aren't you worried the P5 won't add you out of the same fear? What if they look at both of us and say USF is better fit since we bring the Florida market and we're vastly inferior. Money without the worry of losing games.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Now I've heard on multiple occasions, the reason no one will schedule UCF for a 1:1 is that they're scared. Aren't you worried the P5 won't add you out of the same fear? What if they look at both of us and say USF is better fit since we bring the Florida market and we're vastly inferior. Money without the worry of losing games.

It's a scary situation either way. I don't disagree that taunting the schools that you want to join is counterproductive, but everyone is scared of becoming a Boise State (too nice, not the right extra stuff), or USM (poorly timed losing streak killing the program), or UAB (politics slowly killed them).

We're all vulnerable right now. All we can hope for is that things don't crystallize for a while or that we get in if they do. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

If you think the times haven't changed, I don't know what to tell you. Where do you think a bottom feeder AAC team ranks among the expansion candidates? If I were y'all, I would be worried about Tulane passing us by. 

That is your hope with absolutely no evidence, you caught lightning in a bottle for two years. The times they are a changing again but as you pointed out you had a couple of years of being Boise but that shouldn’t be confused with any longevity because you look closer to crashing back down to where you have always existed more than you look to be being courted to the big leagues. Since we have shown that we know a bit more about getting into better conferences I think I will trust that to happen again more than I will worry that your team has finally figured it out.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, atsKnight said:

Rutgers says hello.