• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slowly the "tide" changes for UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

D_ToXV3XUAAbqJE.jpg

If you believed it, you wouldn’t be here. Guarantee you Michigan fans aren’t in Ohio boards posting this thing.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

If you believed it, you wouldn’t be here. Guarantee you Michigan fans aren’t in Ohio boards posting this thing.

I actually giggled a little. M had a great sports year, but football was a HUGE let down, UK being second, you just have to laugh!

9 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

How is Iowa number 7? 

It is  a total sports programs success rating. I would have to look, maybe the non football sports performed well.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

It is  a total sports programs success rating. I would have to look, maybe the non football sports performed well.

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/Article/Iowa-Hawkeyes-Football-Basketball-Kirk-Ferentz-Fran-McCaffery-Lisa-Bluder-Megan-Gustafson-133624483/

Basketball and wrestling carried them. 

It think it's less about total sports and more of a are you good at football and basketball metric. 

26 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/Article/Iowa-Hawkeyes-Football-Basketball-Kirk-Ferentz-Fran-McCaffery-Lisa-Bluder-Megan-Gustafson-133624483/

Basketball and wrestling carried them. 

It think it's less about total sports and more of a are you good at football and basketball metric. 

Yep

The weighted formula puts 2.5 times as much emphasis on football and 2.0 times the emphasis on men's basketball compared to women's basketball and the "wild cards."  Teams that did not finish in the final AP Top 25 in football but played in a bowl were awarded 62.5 points (25 x 2.5). Teams that made the men's NIT were given 20 points (10 x 2), while WNIT teams received 10 points. For all titles settled via bracket, point totals were based upon how many teams participated. All champions in the other sports received 100 points for a national title.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

I don't get it. If there's national chatter about UCF, why do you feel like you need to come here? Wouldn't the proof of national chatter be that you don't need to come here.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, JTrue said:

I don't get it. If there's national chatter about UCF, why do you feel like you need to come here? Wouldn't the proof of national chatter be that you don't need to come here.

Hi, atsknight, long-time lurker here, first time poster. I love coming on this site because one of the best things about being a UCF fan is bypassing rivals. They start off ahead of you, then they have trouble accepting that you're equals, and then the best part comes. When they're in the rearview mirror, they're mostly in denial, but that's the most fun time to interact with them. 

There is a lot of chatter nationally about UCF. I try to read as much as I can. But there is something really affirming about checking in on an old benchmark to see how your school has progressed versus theirs.  

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

24 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Hi, atsknight, long-time lurker here, first time poster. I love coming on this site because one of the best things about being a UCF fan is bypassing rivals. They start off ahead of you, then they have trouble accepting that you're equals, and then the best part comes. When they're in the rearview mirror, they're mostly in denial, but that's the most fun time to interact with them. 

There is a lot of chatter nationally about UCF. I try to read as much as I can. But there is something really affirming about checking in on an old benchmark to see how your school has progressed versus theirs.  

Another member of the most insecure fan base in America

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Another member of the most insecure fan base in America

What about that post indicates insecurity to you?