• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Scheduling Philosophy and TSA Lease

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

25 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Up there, yeah.  But think of how many academic logos you can see at the game in terms of banners, academic USF shirts, Jumbotron ads, etc.  There would have been a prancer at everyone of those. 🤨

I've never really noticed the academic logo at RayJay so I'll take your word about it's prevalence .... the only sports related place I can recall seeing it was on the dasher boards at Amalie. Maybe it's because I don't have any real vested interest on the academic side but I'm one of the rarest of birds that didn't have a real problem with Prancer. I understood the attempted re-branding to go with the newly gained Preeminence but it was obviously a huge, costly miscalculation.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

Now that I think about it, the academic logo was very common.  I just went into my pantry (glad I spelled that one correctly...) and pulled out a bunch of coozies with the old academic on it.  Two USF Health, a few USF Alumni,  and various others.  With each college inside the university, I remember seeing college of engineering, college of this and that.

I promise that I watched the games and not just the logos.  And the Sun Dolls.  Yeah, I promise that I watched the Sun Dolls.  And the cheerleaders.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

We do not have a large enough fan base ... yet! I am all for these 2 for 1 games against NAME teams. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

Agreed, the alternative is Stony Brook, will take Bama, UF, Um and even Louisville all day long

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Would love to a series with Boston College for totally selfish reasons...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, BullyPulpit said:

You are forgetting overhead to run the stadium. They only seat 44,000. 12,000 of those are students. That means 32,000 revenue generating seats. If you count the donation required for certain seats they are making more, but so is USF as well.

Looking at pure ticket sales, at $30 per ticket they gross right around $1 million in ticket sales for a given game. That doesn't include overhead. The $4 million is just their debt service, so it doesn't include the cost of attendants, security, police, utilities, upkeep, etc. Trust me, they need 7 games in an average season to break even. You also have to keep in mind that they payout for an FCS foe and have to cover visiting team travel expenses. They didn't start packing the venue until this past season. A couple of down years and they will see their numbers dwindle. 

No, all the stuff you mentioned was included in the list in the article, specifically in the 18mil part.  It wasn't forgotten, I just didn't feel like mentioning everything they did, just trying to be as succinct as possible.  I already said how much they got from ticket sales and it isn't what you said either.  I don't feel like lingering on this because the more digging I do the more it turns out they make.  Bianchi just released an article that says they earned between 3-4 million a game last season.  I appreciate what you're doing but the reality doesn't fit the narrative.  

On 5/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Short story long, their scheduling philosophy fits what they're trying to do while ours fits what we're trying to do.  I think the Bama series is on a different level.  Anyone outside of the SEC would take a true 2 for 1 with Bama.  I don't see it making sense for the other guys to do 2 for 1 with Miami or Fl though unless it was 1-1-1.  Bama would never go to the other guys stadium so there's no reasonable way to expect those two to play.  This is one of the few advantages of playing in Ray Jay, you will score games that the rust bucket won't get.

So what exactly are "they" trying to do? If it's not for financial reasons, and seeing how having a **** ooc schedule bit "them" in the ass, why wouldn't "they" want to play the best ooc competition possible, shouldn't matter where ...

49 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

No, all the stuff you mentioned was included in the list in the article, specifically in the 18mil part.  It wasn't forgotten, I just didn't feel like mentioning everything they did, just trying to be as succinct as possible.  I already said how much they got from ticket sales and it isn't what you said either.  I don't feel like lingering on this because the more digging I do the more it turns out they make.  Bianchi just released an article that says they earned between 3-4 million a game last season.  I appreciate what you're doing but the reality doesn't fit the narrative.  

Feel free to post anything to back up your numbers ...

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I'm just not buying it. There is some really fuzzy math going on there. In order to make close to $4 million per game they would have to be averaging $100 made from each butt in the seat, including students. Seeing as 12,000 people pay nothing to attend the games, I just don't see how that is possible, unless they are prorating the per seat donations, but they would be getting that money regardless of how many home games they played in a season. 

Their most expensive per game "non-premium" seat is $33 per game for season ticket holders. A lot of their tickets are $16.50 per game. You can't expect me to believe they generate over $70 PER PERSON in revenue from concessions and merchandise. I may not have all of the figures in front of me, but I do have common sense. 

In 2017 they made about $2 million total for the season from the donations required for premium season ticket sales. That works out to just under $300,000 per game. I'm just not seeing how they could possibly generate $3 to $4 million per game as you assert that they do. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

One last thought. The New York Yankees, the most valuable and expensive asset in MLB playing in the most expensive city, generate about $54 per fan that attends their games. They also don't give away at least 12,000 tickets to each game either.

Please explain/provide actual proof of how UCF earns almost twice as much in per fan revenue as the New York Yankees?