• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Scheduling Philosophy and TSA Lease

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/26/2019 at 4:56 AM, BullyPulpit said:

I'm just not buying it. There is some really fuzzy math going on there. In order to make close to $4 million per game they would have to be averaging $100 made from each butt in the seat, including students. Seeing as 12,000 people pay nothing to attend the games, I just don't see how that is possible, unless they are prorating the per seat donations, but they would be getting that money regardless of how many home games they played in a season. 

Their most expensive per game "non-premium" seat is $33 per game for season ticket holders. A lot of their tickets are $16.50 per game. You can't expect me to believe they generate over $70 PER PERSON in revenue from concessions and merchandise. I may not have all of the figures in front of me, but I do have common sense. 

In 2017 they made about $2 million total for the season from the donations required for premium season ticket sales. That works out to just under $300,000 per game. I'm just not seeing how they could possibly generate $3 to $4 million per game as you assert that they do. 

I didn't assert that, the math I came up with was already mentioned in detail and that came out to just north of 1.3 per game in 2017.  That was from Forbes, and it lists the 'expenses' you mention.  Bianchi came up with the 3-4 million number which doesn't have specifics so it could be a grain of salt thing, I don't know.  The point was that the number is likely much higher than 1.3 per game for the reasons previously listed.  

Both the Forbes and Bianchi thing are easily googled @Triple B Again, not saying Bianchi was right.  The Forbes one seems credible though slightly dated.  

On 5/26/2019 at 5:05 AM, BullyPulpit said:

One last thought. The New York Yankees, the most valuable and expensive asset in MLB playing in the most expensive city, generate about $54 per fan that attends their games. They also don't give away at least 12,000 tickets to each game either.

Please explain/provide actual proof of how UCF earns almost twice as much in per fan revenue as the New York Yankees?

I'm not the one making the assertions, just referencing what is publicly out there.  As far as your analogy, its a poor one regardless of context.  Baseball revenue is so different than Football.  And NY has ~24 times the revenue opps compared to any college FB team, its a different model.  FB is so much more expensive than Baseball across the board anyway.  I have never not spent >$70 per person at a football game, and I've been relatively poor until this year, spending is only going up.  Hell, I just spent over 200 for 4 people at a minor league baseball game.  Moral of the story is there are a lot of people that spend more than 70 per head for a football game.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I'm not the one making the assertions, just referencing what is publicly out there.  As far as your analogy, its a poor one regardless of context.  Baseball revenue is so different than Football.  And NY has ~24 times the revenue opps compared to any college FB team, its a different model.  FB is so much more expensive than Baseball across the board anyway.  I have never not spent >$70 per person at a football game, and I've been relatively poor until this year, spending is only going up.  Hell, I just spent over 200 for 4 people at a minor league baseball game.  Moral of the story is there are a lot of people that spend more than 70 per head for a football game.  

Football games in general? Sure. UCF football games? Not so much. 

7EC170EF-2FB3-4915-A07F-B0691246DC0A.jpeg

I think you are aware that ticket prices are only a small amount of what is actually paid per person, right? I've never been to a game at their stadium but I can't imagine it would magically be any less than what I've paid at other fb stadiums.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  39

Bianchi is a giant douche. Anything he states is c. inflated. His numbers will be accurate but only from a 110% biased point of view. 

I agree reed with the sentiments of this thread. As much as I’m tired (and bitter) of RJS, it’s still the best thing we’ve got. Raising money for the IPF has been difficult enough, imagine $220+mil for a comparatively really good OCS. In the meantime, we should do our best to whoop up on any and all big league programs and demonstrate that we can be a Power team for a power conference.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I think you are aware that ticket prices are only a small amount of what is actually paid per person, right? I've never been to a game at their stadium but I can't imagine it would magically be any less than what I've paid at other fb stadiums.  

I’m sure it comes out to far less being netted than would be necessary to make up the blended ticket price deficit, especially when you consider net zero for parking. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I'm not the one making the assertions, just referencing what is publicly out there. 

Actually, you ARE the one making the assertions until you provide sources ..... and telling someone to Google it isn't how that works on here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Actually, you ARE the one making the assertions until you provide sources ..... and telling someone to Google it isn't how that works on here.

I just googled it and no one in modern history has ever voluntarily entered into stadium ownership, which is odd since it’s evidently so lucrative that you can even make $4million dollars a game selling 40k $30 tickets (including donation) and making zero dollars on parking. Even when a professional team forces a community to build them a stadium they still refuse to own the stadium and instead lease the stadium at generous terms? Ever wonder why? Because owning a stadium is stupid and never pays off. It’s a depreciating asset that requires a fortune in upkeep and debt service and is never paid off prior to becoming worthless, better yet it has almost no value outside of its initial use so should you no longer require it for the team it was built for you get to wollow in its worthlessness.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I’ve been skimming to this point, so someone correct me if I’m wrong...

Is it actually being discussed whether or not UCF pulls down close to $28 million per year from their stadium, just from football games alone?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

49 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I’ve been skimming to this point, so someone correct me if I’m wrong...

Is it actually being discussed whether or not UCF pulls down close to $28 million per year from their stadium, just from football games alone?

One individual is asserting this, the rest of us are refuting it. I did the research. My numbers are pretty close to reality. Between it's sponsorship with Spectrum and seat donations, UCF pulls in right around $3 million per year total. Even with a complete stadium sellout, UCF only generates about $900,000 in ticket revenues per game. I really don't know what we are debating. UCF tries to schedule 7 home games per season because they need the money. End of story.