• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Scheduling Philosophy and TSA Lease

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Danny White would agree with you.

Anyone who is properly informed and not a UCF homer (which excludes Bianchi) would with me. It wasn't some controversial "hot take". I just started this thread to combat the ridiculous criticism of USF's scheduling philosophy. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

From last year  pre bowl game, for FY 2017

Total football revenue

LSU reported $86.2 million in football-related revenue, which is nearly $20 million more than UCF brings in for its total athletic department revenue. UCF reported $21.9 million in revenue directly attributed to football.

This is the article by University Revenue guru Kristi Dosh.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2018/12/31/lsu-vs-ucf-comparing-finances/#3d13ab0e7b0a

Another article claiming 62M in revenue last year, up 10%.

The Knights sold $5.6 million in tickets during the financial year that started in June 2017 and ended in June 2018, a jump from $4.4 million the year before. Football drove most of those sales, bringing in $4.6 million.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ucf-athletics-revenue-soars-after-perfect-football-season/ar-BBTV9QN

Edited by footnfan1

2 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

No I didn't, I posted real numbers from an impartial source that showed you were wrong.  I then followed up by saying even Mike Bianchi says its 3-4 million, but also that there's no citations listed where he got that from so 'grain of salt alert'.  You still being butt hurt over having your (I presume time consuming) research disproven, you resorted to poor reading comprehension at best to try to make it out like I'm some sort of Bianchi apologist or follower...which is asinine.  You also followed up with the asinine analogy with baseball and football, which is almost as bad as not reading clearly.  

The analogy was to show that an assertion that UCF earns $3 to $4 million per home game is idiotic. Bianchi is an idiot and plays to the dolts out in Orlando (and apparently you) that would take his numbers at face value. The Yankees numbers were provided to show that it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for UCF to generate anywhere near $100 per ATTENDEE in per game revenues, which is what would need to happen in order to get anywhere near Bianchi's assertion that they make "$3 to $4 million" per game. You can get all pissy. You can throw a fit. You can attack others. But you can't actually argue with the numbers. I didn't suggest that you were a Bianchi apologist or follower, but if you are going to put forth his statement as some sort of support for your position, then be prepared to defend it/back it up. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I don't think UCF makes 3-4M per game, more likely 1.5-2.5M depending on the opponent. That is just a guess mixed with a little reality from people who know the real numbers, who have shared tid bits from time to time.

Just now, footnfan1 said:

From last year  pre bowl game, for FY 2017

Total football revenue

LSU reported $86.2 million in football-related revenue, which is nearly $20 million more than UCF brings in for its total athletic department revenue. UCF reported $21.9 million in revenue directly attributed to football.

This is the article by University Revenue guru Kristi Dosh.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2018/12/31/lsu-vs-ucf-comparing-finances/#3d13ab0e7b0a

That would include the bowl payouts. UCF earned about $3.4 million more in 2017 than they did in 2016 as a result of going to the G5 Access Bowl. That money alone would account for the "profit" that UCF's football program showed from the 2017 FY as reported by the incomparable Kristi Dosh. 

One other thing that people forget is that, until this year, USF was making substantially more than most of the other teams in the AAC (sans UCONN and Cincy) from the exit fees paid out by the Big East. That means in 2017, despite going to the G5 Access Bowl, UCF still earned about $1.5 million less from conference distribution than did USF.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Hmm UCF claims to make 3-4 million dollars per game. Lets see;

$4,000,000.00 divided by 45,000 equals $88.88 per person in attendance. Now that's includes Students whom supposedly get tickets for free and prior to paying any thing towards vendors, security, Facilities maintenance and Debt servicing.

$3,000,000.00 divided by 45,000 equals $66.66 per person in attendance. Now if you subtract the student section which is reportedly 15,000,000. That means they're trying to reach those numbers on the backs of 30,000 paying customers. 

$4,000,000.00 divided by 30,000 equals $133.33 per paying customer and $3,000,000.00 divided by 30,000 = $100.00 per paying customer.

I'm sorry but, that's a lot of money for single game when you consider that this is the American Athletic Conference and not the SEC. I'm sorry, I just don't see it happening.

Edited by Azmodi

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

On 5/24/2019 at 10:16 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

What is prancer? 

First day? (JKJK)

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

The US brings in around $3.9 Trillion in Payroll and Income taxes a year, we must be rolling around in profit and swimming in vaults of gold like scrooge McDuck. Oh wait gross dollars don't necessarily correspond to net dollars. https://www.usdebtclock.org/. Who are you going to believe someone with a vested interest in a specific narrative or some stupid bean counting auditors? Next thing you know people will be claiming drug dealers aren't the best people to ask about the virtues of recreational drug use. 

image.thumb.png.4468a14aeda6e0bf9c192a08ed80dfa8.png

So, I remember a certain fan base who at various points of the lifecycle  insisting that their school and their program was one of the best and certainly belonged in a P5 conference (although it wasnt called that at the time, Div 1 or FBS, whatever, irrelevant) and should never be expected not to be in the national championship conversation. The other neighborhood schools were just the little brother, the runt cousin, the red headed step child and could never compare to how great this program was and blah blah blah bluster bluster bluster. Of course Icarus fell to earth and the little brother became the big brother and this fan base hunkered down to lick their wounds and try to find a way to recover. 

Now we look to the "national champions" and recognize that they are doing the exact same thing. We are sooooooooo great , we deserve this, we deserve that, and everything everyone else is doing that is different is just stupid. We belong! We are special! How could you not see that we should be among the elite? I say, watch out, your wax is melting.

Bottom line, either this is part of the maturity or the cycle.  If its a cycle, the weak will become the might and vice-versa. If it is program maturity the mighty will fall and need to rebuild just as USF has. I hope when we finally make it back to a spot where we are in the same conversation as the big boys we take a different tack and don't take it the position for granted and be grateful for what is rather than what could be. I hope we aren't worrying about how much a stadium costs (within reason) I hope we look at the establishment and try to mimic rather than break. 

Let the beatings begin!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The US brings in around $3.9 Trillion in Payroll and Income taxes a year, we must be rolling around in profit and swimming in vaults of gold like scrooge McDuck. Oh wait gross dollars don't necessarily correspond to net dollars. https://www.usdebtclock.org/. Who are you going to believe someone with a vested interest in a specific narrative or some stupid bean counting auditors? Next thing you know people will be claiming drug dealers aren't the best people to ask about the virtues of recreational drug use. 

image.thumb.png.4468a14aeda6e0bf9c192a08ed80dfa8.png

Probably not a good idea