• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Scheduling Philosophy and TSA Lease

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

One last thought. The New York Yankees, the most valuable and expensive asset in MLB playing in the most expensive city, generate about $54 per fan that attends their games. They also don't give away at least 12,000 tickets to each game either.

Please explain/provide actual proof of how UCF earns almost twice as much in per fan revenue as the New York Yankees?

Because they have a reporter that goes with reported numbers and we have one that has a hard on for actual numbers. If you take every penny spent on campus including tuition, housing, books, food (pay no attention to what is your take) shops, tickets, advertising, debt service, salaries etc take the absolute value of all of them  and add them together and then probably multiply by two based on aspirational future growth it’s pretty simple to get to that number. Or you can just hard code the number to $4 million and know no one cares enough to make a sunshine request and you can continue to live in your grand delusions. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,978
  • Days Won:  469

I was reading an article, I think it was from the Florida Business Journal that stated UCF is among the highest (the highest) in student fees used to cover facilities.  That might help with their creative math, I'll see if I can find it.  Edit: "more than almost any other school in the nation, those expenses are balanced on the backs of students"  more

That was easy

But see, the financial issue really isn’t that significant. Public records reveal the school took in just $4.6 million from football tickets during their undefeated 2017 season. That’s $764,500 per game. So, to lose half a game’s gate ($382,000 over the course of three seasons) is hardly enough reason to shun a great matchup.

For UCF, it’s about pride and admitting they’re not an NCAA powerhouse yet where it matters most: revenue.

UCF’s athletics budget in FY18 was $62 million. And more than almost any other school in the nation, those expenses are balanced on the backs of students.

Student fees accounted for $23.1 million of UCF’s athletic revenue — that’s a mandatory fee for every student who attends classes at the university, even though most will never go to a single football game. UCF supported its athletics program with another $4.5 million last year from its main (academics) operations.

Florida Politics

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

15 minutes ago, Brad said:

I was reading an article, I think it was from the Florida Business Journal that stated UCF is among the highest (the highest) in student fees used to cover facilities.  That might help with their creative math, I'll see if I can find it.  Edit: "more than almost any other school in the nation, those expenses are balanced on the backs of students"  more

That was easy

So, how much are USF’s Athletic fee per student vs UCF’s.

Sorry, I'm not in the business of comparing to the Tinmen.  Simply provided the statement from the author.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

16 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

So, how much are USF’s Athletic fee per student vs UCF’s.

We're talking here about UCF's "need" for a 7th home game. Try that trolling on another thread, or even the other forum ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I will be ecstatic if we could somehow win 1/3 of the games against UF, Miami, Bama, and Ville. I know Ville is doable by itself but collectively to win one in each of those series would be awesome. 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I will be ecstatic if we could somehow win 1/3 of the games against UF, Miami, Bama, and Ville. I know Ville is doable by itself but collectively to win one in each of those series would be awesome. 

Not to sidetrack the thread, but the new theme that has emerged in my head is "depth".  In the past, when USF was out doing things no one had done before from infancy to national recognition, we played and beat good teams that had a 100 year head start.  We also lost in conference games mostly due to depth and the wear and tear on the roster.  P5 teams have true 3 deeps in many cases, we need to get there in order to compete.  We can't lose two or three guys to injury or exhaustion and watch the team crumble.  Charlie has to be able to recruit, train and build a fully competitive roster.  Hopefully recruits are watching and saying yes.  This is a multi-season process now.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not to sidetrack the thread, but the new theme that has emerged in my head is "depth".  In the past, when USF was out doing things no one had done before from infancy to national recognition, we played and beat good teams that had a 100 year head start.  We also lost in conference games mostly due to depth and the wear and tear on the roster.  P5 teams have true 3 deeps in many cases, we need to get there in order to compete.  We can't lose two or three guys to injury or exhaustion and watch the team crumble.  Charlie has to be able to recruit, train and build a fully competitive roster.  Hopefully recruits are watching and saying yes.  This is a multi-season process now.

Good point. That was always our issue. We have time to build that up. But for a one game shot at knocking off a big boy team other factors will include: turnovers, play calling, defensive schemes, and adjustments. True, these can be said for all of our games but if we are to beat a deep and quality program these elements will be magnified. It’s going to be a lot fun to watch! 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Weren't we winning at halftime against Florida?  That game made it obvious that depth killed us.

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/25/2019 at 11:27 PM, Triple B said:

So what exactly are "they" trying to do? If it's not for financial reasons, and seeing how having a **** ooc schedule bit "them" in the ass, why wouldn't "they" want to play the best ooc competition possible, shouldn't matter where ...

As far as I'm concerned if their boss (AD) says they're doing what's in their best interest then I'm taking them at their word.  I don't care enough to think about what I'd do if I was in their situation.  The numbers didn't seem right in the other poster's comment so I did some digging to check how credible it was.  I'm just glad that there's not going to be scheduling problems on the horizon, and a bonus if we can put together a 10 win season with one of these years that Alabama's on the schedule.