• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Scheduling Philosophy and TSA Lease

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The analogy was to show that an assertion that UCF earns $3 to $4 million per home game is idiotic. Bianchi is an idiot and plays to the dolts out in Orlando (and apparently you) that would take his numbers at face value. The Yankees numbers were provided to show that it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for UCF to generate anywhere near $100 per ATTENDEE in per game revenues, which is what would need to happen in order to get anywhere near Bianchi's assertion that they make "$3 to $4 million" per game. You can get all pissy. You can throw a fit. You can attack others. But you can't actually argue with the numbers. I didn't suggest that you were a Bianchi apologist or follower, but if you are going to put forth his statement as some sort of support for your position, then be prepared to defend it/back it up. 

Why would you explain an analogy to me that not only lacked merit to begin with but ultimately had nothing to do with my own assertion? Why did you feel the need to go into poorly thought out detail that Bianchi is a dolt/homer/etc when we know what he is already? Deflection is the answer.  You're doing it again above.  I calculated out a minimum 1.3/game payday, noting it was likely higher, referencing what Bianchi said in subsequent post; the actual number he said is meaningless.  Does that compute?

It looks like the forbes article made its way here after all. 

Moving on, this usatoday finance spreadsheet says that there's only a 6 mil difference between the two schools in facilities/overhead cost. https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Why would you explain an analogy to me that not only lacked merit to begin with but ultimately had nothing to do with my own assertion? Why did you feel the need to go into poorly thought out detail that Bianchi is a dolt/homer/etc when we know what he is already? Deflection is the answer.  You're doing it again above.  I calculated out a minimum 1.3/game payday, noting it was likely higher, referencing what Bianchi said in subsequent post; the actual number he said is meaningless.  Does that compute?

It looks like the forbes article made its way here after all. 

Moving on, this usatoday finance spreadsheet says that there's only a 6 mil difference between the two schools in facilities/overhead cost. https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/.  

Only 6 million?  Your next donation should cover that.  (Not you in particular, anyone who cries about our lack of money)

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Only 6 million?  Your next donation should cover that.  (Not you in particular, anyone who cries about our lack of money)

I'm still not so sure that his next donation won't widen that gap ....

7 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Seeing as how they didn't have 7 home games without the postseason that year there's really no argument that they need 7 home games.  Which all that does is call bs on their strategy, meaning they could afford at least one 2-1 every now and again.

But you said earlier you were cool with their strategy ......... now it's bs?

On 5/24/2019 at 3:52 PM, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I personally agree with both USF's and UCF's scheduling philosophies.  They both seem to be working.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

On 5/25/2019 at 10:39 PM, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

I don't feel like lingering on this because the more digging I do the more it turns out they make.  Bianchi just released an article that says they earned between 3-4 million a game last season.  I appreciate what you're doing but the reality doesn't fit the narrative.  

17 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

Why would you explain an analogy to me that not only lacked merit to begin with but ultimately had nothing to do with my own assertion? Why did you feel the need to go into poorly thought out detail that Bianchi is a dolt/homer/etc when we know what he is already?

So we know Bianchi is a dolt/homer/etc, but you chose to reference him to support your position? You have been revealed to be a joke and a hypocrite throughout multiple topics on this site and I am through interacting with you. Good day, sir. 

Off topic comments have been moved to the appropriate Off Topic thread ....