• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

1st week of spring practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

The team will be better this season.  A lot better.  This spring is nothing like last spring.  We went into last spring not knowing who our starting QB, RB, C, etc...  The articles posted from previous seasons says as much.  Neither guy going into spring ended up being the starter.  This season we have a solid starter, we know who our playmakers will be, we've added talent, we've added size, and we've added speed.  Accompany that with an OC that knows what he's doing and we'll be a contender.  Pickney and Kegler have gotten better every season they're now not pups playing against grown men anymore.  Each close to 300 and growing.  This is around the time Hector and Senat put it all together.  We've added some dawgs and got rid of some bad attitudes.  I think this is a pretty good squad, I'll see for myself next week.  Going to the open practice... But I like this squad better than last seasons.  We've been undersized on defense too long, that actually changes this year.  

I think the defense makes a big jump and resembles the defense two years ago. 

I think the offense breaks school records

No offense, but I don't believe you. You're 0 for 2 in my book with the BB QB hype last year and the basketball team closing strong this year. That said, I really hope you're right this time.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

I think if we don't win at least 7 games this year but our offense performs, CCS will be gone and KB will be hired as the new HC. Heard it here first.

If CCS gets fired, then that means that KB would have done a BAD job. There is no way we will have a high powered offense and only win 7 games. Our offense sucked last year and we won 7 games. yes, our defense was bad, but hell the offense was worse. I get it, you want CCS gone, but that scenario just doesn't make sense. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

No offense, but I don't believe you. You're 0 for 2 in my book with the BB QB hype last year and the basketball team closing strong this year. That said, I really hope you're right this time.

I was thinking the same thing but hey give the guy credit for being positive...there is not much of that going one around here lately.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

I still think BB is a stud. it was dismal play calling and an unimaginative offensive scheme that held him down. Flowers did well because of his legs. BB has a better arm and is more accurate.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

He has no D1 head coaching experience, I will give you that. But if he can take an offense as dismal and boring as ours was last year and turn it around into a productive scoring offense, I would want to keep him around. Chances are a new HC would want to bring their own guy in. If KB performs well, he will either need to become out HC or he will get swept away to another D1 HC position very quickly.

If Bell comes in and looks like the next Don Correll (old school) then yes I am all for him. I just think every year there is someone new that teams go after that do have more experience. My gut tells me that Bell is going to do great things but who knows...going to be fun to see how things develop.

7 minutes ago, TExpress said:

I still think BB is a stud. it was dismal play calling and an unimaginative offensive scheme that held him down. Flowers did well because of his legs. BB has a better arm and is more accurate.

Plus he has gained 10/15 pounds which will help. Looking at him at the press conference he is really the prototype QB in terms of height and weight. I actually think the O line will be better this year just based on play calling so BB must take advantage.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

18 minutes ago, TExpress said:

The offensive line didn't help either. When he had time, he was pretty good.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

44 minutes ago, TExpress said:

What he said  ^^^^

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If CCS gets fired, then that means that KB would have done a BAD job. There is no way we will have a high powered offense and only win 7 games. Our offense sucked last year and we won 7 games. yes, our defense was bad, but hell the offense was worse. I get it, you want CCS gone, but that scenario just doesn't make sense. 

I have always hated firing a HC to then hire one of his coordinators.  If you were a good coordinator you would have HELPED the HC keep his job. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

I am hoping to get at least two more Db's and 1 or two more Lb's.  Every time I look at the projected starters of Sanders and Roberts I have night mares . Those two could tackle a fat lady in a phone booth. That also includes the linebackers.