• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So which/player or coaches will not be back next season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

15 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

What is love????

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

The Oline should actually be a strength.  This is the first season in years where we bring back the entire line.  We were starting 3 freshman and two Juniors at the end of last season.  The young guys were decent run blockers but pass blocking is something that comes with experience.  They should be straight...

Hopefully. Not sure what the learning curve will be with the new OC coming in. Blocking schemes could be a little different, but it can only get better from 2018

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

39 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Hopefully. Not sure what the learning curve will be with the new OC coming in. Blocking schemes could be a little different, but it can only get better from 2018

They could be diffenert but that could be a good thing. We need zone blocking at USF, we're not getting blue chip guys up front. We're getting guys a bit undersized who are athletic, that means zone blocking is where it's at 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115

21 hours ago, Calibull said:

The Oline should actually be a strength.  This is the first season in years where we bring back the entire line.  We were starting 3 freshman and two Juniors at the end of last season.  The young guys were decent run blockers but pass blocking is something that comes with experience.  They should be straight...

The O line was a major weakness for USF this past season and bringing back the same players does not make it a strength for next season.  The O line is a major concern of returning players on offense. 

Maybe a new scheme will help them out but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, 7overlord said:

The O line was a major weakness for USF this past season and bringing back the same players does not make it a strength for next season.  The O line is a major concern of returning players on offense. 

Maybe a new scheme will help them out but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

The oline was a major weakness for USF for the past 7 years in case you haven't noticed.  Flowers running around hid some major problems, the least of which ends with guys like Kofi a natural guard and Mayes a DT playing LT the past few years.  And the oline was young last season, we started 3 freshmen from center to left tackle.  2 true freshmen... Next year will be the first season we have 3 full set of olinemen we can field for the spring game.  You knew the last few seasons we were playing with basically 10-11 oline guys on the team right?   Anyone who followed spring ball new that.

With what we had coming back and add the transfer from Virginia Tech Hopple 6'7 320 pound junior  (i'm so sure you knew about him and a couple of other guys, so I wont call you on it... I yawn, you didn't)  we're going to be straight.  With a few really good redshirts that sat, our line next year will be a strength.  You're just emotional about the season, or you don't know anything about football and the value of young guys getting experience.  So no, the Oline will not be a major concern.  Unless Billy, who actually played good this season, and Norman, who had his moments, melt down their senior seasons, we'll be a lot better there smart guy.. or girl... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

The oline is going to be ridiculous and bigger next season.  Better guys coming in than leaving.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

The oline is going to be ridiculous and bigger next season.  Better guys coming in than leaving.

We hope you are right like you were about Barnett.  😉  I remember out bet.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

So far, no fans have been reported as leaving.  That’s good.  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115

9 hours ago, Calibull said:

The oline was a major weakness for USF for the past 7 years in case you haven't noticed.  Flowers running around hid some major problems, the least of which ends with guys like Kofi a natural guard and Mayes a DT playing LT the past few years.  And the oline was young last season, we started 3 freshmen from center to left tackle.  2 true freshmen... Next year will be the first season we have 3 full set of olinemen we can field for the spring game.  You knew the last few seasons we were playing with basically 10-11 oline guys on the team right?   Anyone who followed spring ball new that.

With what we had coming back and add the transfer from Virginia Tech Hopple 6'7 320 pound junior  (i'm so sure you knew about him and a couple of other guys, so I wont call you on it... I yawn, you didn't)  we're going to be straight.  With a few really good redshirts that sat, our line next year will be a strength.  You're just emotional about the season, or you don't know anything about football and the value of young guys getting experience.  So no, the Oline will not be a major concern.  Unless Billy, who actually played good this season, and Norman, who had his moments, melt down their senior seasons, we'll be a lot better there smart guy.. or girl... 

Just from you saying that Norman and Atterbury had their moments tells me what you really know about O line play. Game in and game out they were getting their stuff pushed in by players that were not very good.

The transfer from Va Tech, don’t hold your breath on him. I didn’t mention him because there’s not much there.

There’s talk of a grad transfer lineman from Bama thinking about coming to USF but he has had second thoughts after feedback from current players.  But I’m sure you are well aware of this big guy.