• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So which/player or coaches will not be back next season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I would add Chris O to the transfer list. Don’t expect him back either. Maybe Strong will change Chris’ mind if he ever answers anyone’s calls.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, 7overlord said:

I would add Chris O to the transfer list. Don’t expect him back either. Maybe Strong will change Chris’ mind if he ever answers anyone’s calls.

I say CO stays, but jumps ship the following year after being passed over by one of the young guys.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They mad that we sucked last year.......now they mad that CCS is making "changes" to try to improve the team lol

It's the conservative approach that needs to change. If we're still running up the gut on 1st & 2nd downs, and consistently getting into 3rd & long again in 2019, the results will be about the same. The thing that really needed to change didn't, and may not for a couple of years. Time will tell though.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Did we win a championship with the gulf coast offense? Remember everyone ******** about Woodie and the defense? In college football 1 or 2 players make all the difference....ie, mack, ucf qb, bridgewater, etc etc

Something everyone forgets. The pace of that offense was a killer for a D. I know our D sucked this year but the offense needs a balance between slinging it all over and the half back dive on every down. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Something everyone forgets. The pace of that offense was a killer for a D. I know our D sucked this year but the offense needs a balance between slinging it all over and the half back dive on every down. 

What killed the D was Woodie not the pace of the offense

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

What killed the D was Woodie not the pace of the offense

I would say a little bit of both...

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

24 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Did we win a championship with the gulf coast offense? Remember everyone ******** about Woodie and the defense? In college football 1 or 2 players make all the difference....ie, mack, ucf qb, bridgewater, etc etc

No.

Yes. 

True. 

And....your point?

My point was it is an oversimplification to say that the fan base is angry because of the outcome of the 2018 season and then they are mad at changes now.

I could be wrong but I think the portion of the fan base that is angry now was also angry in 2017. Not so much for a 10-2 record but the mindset of playing the game close to the vest. The same people were angry when the team was 7-0 this season. I suspect they will be angry next season. 

I hope CCS turns it around. What I find amusing is how some are saying that if CCS goes 5-7 or 4-8 next season that he will be bought out. I have doubts about that. From what AD Kelly said, it sounds like CCS has two possibly 3 seasons left regardless of the outcome on the field.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, usf97 said:

No.

Yes. 

True. 

And....your point?

My point was it is an oversimplification to say that the fan base is angry because of the outcome of the 2018 season and then they are mad at changes now.

I could be wrong but I think the portion of the fan base that is angry now was also angry in 2017. Not so much for a 10-2 record but the mindset of playing the game close to the vest. The same people were angry when the team was 7-0 this season. I suspect they will be angry next season. 

I hope CCS turns it around. What I find amusing is how some are saying that if CCS goes 5-7 or 4-8 next season that he will be bought out. I have doubts about that. From what AD Kelly said, it sounds like CCS has two possibly 3 seasons left regardless of the outcome on the field.

:wahhing:

11 minutes ago, usf97 said:

No.

Yes. 

True. 

And....your point?

I think they are angry all the time and some only visit the board during down times in between cheering for Florida and Florida State...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, usf97 said:

There's a portion of this fan base, at least on here, that appears to thrive on being masochistically angry. When things are going bad they're angry .... when things are going good, they're angry waiting for the other shoe to drop. I kind of feel sorry for them at times, not appearing to be able to just sit back and appreciate, and just enjoy, when things are going good.