• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF player in Jail

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/7/2018 at 9:34 AM, DELdaBull said:

What is with USF players and drivers licenses? 

It’s a well established USF football tradition.

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

@TRUTH D. Antagonist Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension skills before dropping "derp" exclamations on a fellow poster. My sentence was in regard to the "babysitting role" you were insinuating the cops should play by taking him directly to the magistrate vice sending him to jail. My statement "Maybe they should make him breakfast and help him get dressed each morning" was a follow up on your asinine statement about the role of a police officer when an individual lacks the responsibility to appear for a ticket. God forbid someone should be held accountable to the laws of our country (especially when given multiple opportunities to make things right).

again, what do u think they do in jail?

u think people make their own food in jail? pick out their own clothes? decide on their own bedtime? 

LOL. u clearly have zero understanding of how a jail works, "Sheriff."

everything is regimented. it is basically babysitting adults. so your "babysitting role" comment is ironically "derp"-worthy.

now don't @ me in conversations I left three days ago.

derp.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

6 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

u think people make their own food in jail? pick out their own clothes? decide on their own bedtime? 

everything is regimented. it is basically babysitting adults. so your "babysitting role" comment is ironically "derp"-worthy.

derp.

Once again, you missed the entire point of my statement. I'll take Reading Comprehension 101 for $5,000, Alex.

Your entire point about the police officers picking him up and taking him to see a magistrate has nothing to do with him going directly to jail (as you're totally opposed to anything related to accountability at this point). You've basically been lobbying for a high priced Uber ride in a patrol car on the tax payers dime for said player so he can be taken straight to the magistrate. Maybe while they're at it, they can help him get dressed at his house, take him out to Chick-Fil-A for a bite to eat, etc. Do I need to simplify it any clearer for you? Can't wait to read your next "derp" worthy retort... 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

Why is a post about a player going to jail for a traffic ticket at 14 pages? LOL let this thread die  man!

• Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

derp.

You sound like a guy with experience in the steel bar hotel.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Ok just because this thread topic is...USF PLAYER IN JAIL...**** that's dramatic. This is my one and done. You would hope that this kid just had a brain fart and didn't remember his DL renewal because he was totally all about football?? Cop pulls a car for..?? 1st for what reason? Then finds expired DL. If the kid is cooperative and not a jerk going to school, plays football and keeps his mouth shut..possibly, depending on the cop( FHP maybe not. County/City possible. Campus cop a crap shoot) he could receive a warning and have a period of time to get his DL renewed. If he's in/was in jail he prob got nailed with the statute that makes it a criminal offense instead of an infraction. Criminal seems harsh if all else is ok and there weren't any other circumstances, charges, etc. and, the cop may be a UCF fan--Ha! but, he may have run into one who likes putting young folk in jail. He prob went before the county judge at some point since it is an offense that can have jail time. Sad deal.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

54 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Ok just because this thread topic is...USF PLAYER IN JAIL...**** that's dramatic. This is my one and done. You would hope that this kid just had a brain fart and didn't remember his DL renewal because he was totally all about football?? Cop pulls a car for..?? 1st for what reason? Then finds expired DL. If the kid is cooperative and not a jerk going to school, plays football and keeps his mouth shut..possibly, depending on the cop( FHP maybe not. County/City possible. Campus cop a crap shoot) he could receive a warning and have a period of time to get his DL renewed. If he's in/was in jail he prob got nailed with the statute that makes it a criminal offense instead of an infraction. Criminal seems harsh if all else is ok and there weren't any other circumstances, charges, etc. and, the cop may be a UCF fan--Ha! but, he may have run into one who likes putting young folk in jail. He prob went before the county judge at some point since it is an offense that can have jail time. Sad deal.

If the kid was at FSU you would have never heard anything about this.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If the kid was at FSU you would have never heard anything about this.

Prob true. That's why I wondered about the Why? of him getting pulled over to begin with I doubt he had a sign on his car saying--"My DL is Expired"   Normally this type of traffic thing could be a non-issue, quick fix. Tally is smaller area poss the community has a better connection with school. This one just on face value seems harsh for the offense. Yep, he had the exp dl which is against the law, which has a penalty so...I wonder if USF athletics has a law enforcement liaison. Even though these players are over 18yoa prob the majority are away from home for the first time just starting their adult side of life. 

2 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Prob true. That's why I wondered about the Why? of him getting pulled over to begin with I doubt he had a sign on his car saying--"My DL is Expired"   Normally this type of traffic thing could be a non-issue, quick fix. Tally is smaller area poss the community has a better connection with school. This one just on face value seems harsh for the offense. Yep, he had the exp dl which is against the law, which has a penalty so...I wonder if USF athletics has a law enforcement liaison. Even though these players are over 18yoa prob the majority are away from home for the first time just starting their adult side of life. 

Oh ****, Cancel all my thoughts. I just saw that the kid got arrested for "failure to appear" not a moving violation. Ok, he did poo the bed good luck to him they must have had a warrant. Just think of all the brain cells I expended thinking about all that other stuff. Out😵

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

derp.

I guess you didn’t spend a lot of time in Greenbergopolous. The Sheriff name comes from his role in helping to establish it which overall created a level of passion and care for the program which was infectious and help spread to our football program which was in its infancy. Going to the games was cool and people camped out to go to them with the height of everything probably being the UF game that we ended up getting slaughtered in. @The Sheriff has probably done more than any fan in growing overall USF fandom and  probably had a direct effect on my overall fandom.

• Upvote 1