• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz 2.0

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

They’re young so these blowout losses are ok. 

Lost me here.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,064
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You can’t judge them. They’re young so these blowout losses are ok. Because they’re a young team. 

I don't think anyone said blowout losses are OK, but saying CCS is the worst coach at USF ever when I am not sure we have the players yet is another thing.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't think anyone said blowout losses are OK, but saying CCS is the worst coach at USF ever when I am not sure we have the players yet is another thing.

You’re right but I don’t know about the not having the players yet part. The cupboard wasn’t bare when he got here and we still have quite a few playmakers that should be able to produce better than what we’re seeing. Strong’s most successful years as a head coach came when he had exceptional QB’s. Aside from that I really don’t know what he’s done, and for a defensive minded coach he hasn’t had great stats when he’s been HC. I don’t know what to feel right now, but I would love to see us progress rather than regress. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Last year we had about as talented a team as we’ve ever had at USF. And that team, as good as it was, performed well because of its talent, not its coaching. 

I have little faith that CCS will indeed be able to recruit the right talent, or coach it up when it’s here.

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

29 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

We haven’t come anywhere close to blowing out a team under Strong

This year anyway. We had several blowouts last year.

30 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

9 games into the season teams know how to game plan against us fairly easily, we’ve shown regression and not improvement, and we look unprepared game after game after game.

The fact that we never seem prepared.....and this is being mention in EVERY post game presser lately....is getting ridiculous. Obviously the hope is that Charlie can coach them up, that they are just young and inexperienced. 'Course, it could be that they're just not very good. Strong will get a third year...or part of a third year...to turn this around. 7-5 seems pretty safe to assume this year.

36 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Houston has shown on multiple occasions this season they’re beatable. We all know Tulane isn’t great, get we get blown out by both? This is all inexcusable.

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

Last year we had about as talented a team as we’ve ever had at USF. And that team, as good as it was, performed well because of its talent, not its coaching. 

I have little faith that CCS will indeed be able to recruit the right talent, or coach it up when it’s here.

my sentiments as well.

6 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

This year anyway. We had several blowouts last year.

Ah yes, correct. Don’t know why I was thinking that. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Your like that ****** commercial that keeps popping up during a good tv show...

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Your like that ****** commercial that keeps popping up during a good tv show...

When CCS is gone all is gone for the good!

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You’re right but I don’t know about the not having the players yet part. The cupboard wasn’t bare when he got here and we still have quite a few playmakers that should be able to produce better than what we’re seeing. Strong’s most successful years as a head coach came when he had exceptional QB’s. Aside from that I really don’t know what he’s done, and for a defensive minded coach he hasn’t had great stats when he’s been HC. I don’t know what to feel right now, but I would love to see us progress rather than regress. 

We have two  freshmen starting starting on the offensive line at one point had three, we are so bare at LB that we moved a DE there and started a true freshmen beside him today after the safety we moved there didn’t play, keep in mind we only two LB as is. We started two freshmen and a sophomore in the defensive backfield today and at least three freshmen or sophomores rotating in at DL. At Running back we are playing a transfer and a true freshmen. taggs left us WR’s. That’s about it. 

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

We have two  freshmen starting starting on the offensive line at one point had three, we are so bare at LB that we moved a DE there and started a true freshmen beside him today after the safety we moved there didn’t play, keep in mind we only two LB as is. We started two freshmen and a sophomore in the defensive backfield today and at least three freshmen or sophomores rotating in at DL. At Running back we are playing a transfer and a true freshmen. taggs left us WR’s. That’s about it. 

I sounded convincing can you at least give me that? 

We’ve had experienced players transfer out the past two seasons so that’s hurt some as well. We also lost two games that we had in reach last season with players that were incredibly talented. 

Edited by OcalaBull2