• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz 2.0

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,019
  • Days Won:  38

It looks like he locked in a couple great transfers on offense (QB / RB) after the illustrious Willie era and an electric true freshman injured player.  I am confused about why the defense seems hopeless, but guessing more recruiting is needed.  How do we know its Holtz level recruiting in year 2?

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Okay let's humor this theory.  Let's get an in depth comparison on Holtz on Game 9? Of year 2.

I'm not being snarky.  I don't remember too much USF football except the Notre Dame game and the Birmingham Bowl against USC. 

I do... Have you heard of the place called hell?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Okay let's humor this theory.  Let's get an in depth comparison on Holtz on Game 9? Of year 2.

I'm not being snarky.  I don't remember too much USF football except the Notre Dame game and the Birmingham Bowl against USC. 

Well I looked it up and that season we started 4-0 and got ranked as high as 14 then we lost 7 out of 8 in mostly close games to close out the season to go 5-7.  Actually sort of sounds like this season except we had some more bad teams to play in the middle of the season to pad our wins.  What is scary is late year two almost feels like end of year three when things were ugly.

I am not saying we need to fire Strong but I really think he needs to make some big changes at the OC and maybe some other coaches.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

Just now, Thebullsfan said:

I do... Have you heard of the place called hell?

Nah it's been a fun ride.  I honestly wasn't even mad once today.  I was mad at the Tulsa game though but they miraculously won.

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Well I looked it up and that season we started 4-0 and got ranked as high as 14 then we lost 7 out of 8 in mostly close games to close out the season to go 5-7.  Actually sort of sounds like this season except we had some more bad teams to play in the middle of the season to pad our wins.

True but how could we possibly know the recruiting is panning out or not by now? Seems a bit early.  

Sorry for the triple post, but I am trying to think logically here and my brain is slow.  So, remember Willie's defenses were not great either, but QF, Marlon Mack and that super WR that we ran jet sweeps with (name escapes me) would score more points than the other team.  To me this explains the current talent level of the defense.  I also don't think Willie left a ton of playmakers on offense since we are having to augment with transfers.

I would have thought the defense would have improved in some way since it is CCS' strength.  I am thinking we won't see some things start come to fruition until next year.  Maybe we just started that much behind in every area.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

29 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Our recruiting under CCS isn’t really all that great

Seriously? Just because there hasn't been a flashy player doesn't mean they aren't solid classes. How about we let them be older than Sophomores before we say his recruits aren't good because on paper, they are. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Holtz faltered earlier in season two. I think CCS benefited from having more talent, but it looks like they’re heading toward similar outcomes. CCS better wise up and dump his coordinators 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Sorry for the triple post, but I am trying to think logically here and my brain is slow.  So, remember Willie's defenses were not great either, but QF, Marlon Mack and that super WR that we ran jet sweeps with (name escapes me) would score more points than the other team.  To me this explains the current talent level of the defense.  I also don't think Willie left a ton of playmakers on offense since we are having to augment with transfers.

I would have thought the defense would have improved in some way since it is CCS' strength.  I am thinking we won't see some things start come to fruition until next year.  Maybe we just started that much behind in every area.

Adams, MVS, or? 

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

CCS better wise up and dump his coordinators 

Wondering if the impending Texas money faucet makes this happen anyway?

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

Adams, MVS, or? 

Adams!  Thank you.