• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie's tenure here....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, bullstampede9922 said:

The team can only beat who's on the schedule and that's what they've done.  In some Bizarro World, we could turn back the clock 2 years and put us in a different conference against better opponents which would also mean better recruiting and better players, who knows....  We're above average talent wise in the American, but outside the conference, we're average.  

I believe so too, which means it doesn't necessarily take extraordinary coaching to win games with the caliber of teams that Charlie has been up against. Not knocking him, and I can see why some think we have a bright future with him, but I can also understand his detractors. His brand of football is just butt-ugly sometimes, and hasn't been overly impressive this year, but 6-0 is 6-0. @Houston, @Cincy, @ Temple, and UCF will tell us a lot.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Is it really fair to compare our current trajectory to UCF? Last year they had the #1 offense, while we were #10

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2017-team-offense.html

We lose the best offensive player in our history, they return a bunch of dudes on offense, and the gap widens from them at #7 and us at #33

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2018-team-offense.html

The biggest drop off has been the defense where we lost lost two DTs and a corner to the NFL, plus our all time leading tackler. 

Doesn't seem to me that we should be breaking out the pitchforks over this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, George Jenkins said:

Is it really fair to compare our current trajectory to UCF? Last year they had the #1 offense, while we were #10

We lose the best offensive player in our history, they return a bunch of dudes on offense, and the gap widens from them at #7 and us at #33

The biggest drop off has been the defense where we lost lost two DTs and a corner to the NFL, plus our all time leading tackler. 

Can we at least start 4 more threads about CCS before the game this weekend?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I recall looking at the schedules when we hired CCS and thought....maybe GT would be a test but it looks like his first TRUE test won't be until the opening game next year against Wisconsin. 

What will he do against better talent? Sure we can play down to our opponent and in the UCF game last year it appeared that we made some adjustments after the 1st quarter and played up to our opponent. It almost feels like we don't open up the offense until we realize we might lose the game. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Having Milton in place over the last two years is huge for them. We have a QB who hasn't played for the better part of three years. The conservative/vanilla play-calling has something to do with the drop-off for us though.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

CCS will never be as good as our first.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I believe so too, which means it doesn't necessarily take extraordinary coaching to win games with the caliber of teams that Charlie has been up against. Not knocking him, and I can see why some think we have a bright future with him, but I can also understand his detractors. His brand of football is just butt-ugly sometimes, and hasn't been overly impressive this year, but 6-0 is 6-0. @Houston, @Cincy, @ Temple, and UCF will tell us a lot.

But the next line by the post you are referring to, “we are average (in terms talent) outside of the conference” refutes this point you made. If our talent out of conference is average and yet we have won those games over the past years, some of this has to be due to coaching.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

27 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

CCS will never be as good as our first.

You are spot on. CCS will not be good at slapping and lying but who knows time may tell...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

Not saying he should be punished, just saying that he beat ONE FBS team with a winning record last year, and that was Temple at 7-6. None of the FBS teams he beat this year are above .500. It should also be mentioned here that we were respectable in his only two losses, and could have won each of those games. 

Did I miss something? I think Texas Tech has a winning record......

Just sayin

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

You are spot on. CCS will not be good at slapping and lying but who knows time may tell...

Exactly, CCS is not willing to do what it takes to compete at a high level, thus why he crashed and burned at Tejas.

• Upvote 1