• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this a team that can really win the AAC Championship?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

24 minutes ago, michibull said:

We have plenty of talent, good coaches and a young motivated team. These are kids and they will have good days and bad days. The fact that we won on a bad day is a good sign.

Thanks for the reset for all.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

32 minutes ago, michibull said:

We have plenty of talent, good coaches and a young motivated team. These are kids and they will have good days and bad days. The fact that we won on a bad day is a good sign. A win is a win is a win.

Agreed! Everybody on the team, including the coaches, needs to hug it out!

3414.png.da4092fa2f1430d5713aced9307f983e.png

Edited by Flowers4Heisman

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

58 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

It's not C that worries me, it is Houston, We have to get through that first. 

Not comfortable with the thought of Houston's offense against our defense. Luckily, Houston's defense apparently isn't great this year either though, and we can score when we're on. Should be fun.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

It bothers me that playcalling on both sides of the ball is so vanilla until the 4th quarter. NO blitzes until 4th quarter, when they worked beautifully. We didn't put pressure on their QB in the least until the last half a quarter. Offensively, running up the middle on 1st and 2nd is becoming far too predictable and its getting to be like a joke. Barnett has an awesome arm - let him throw. Tight spirals, excellent accuracy - he needs to be unleashed. CCS seems far too happy to sit on a single score lead and ride it out; thats neither comfortable nor respected in today's college football environment. My biggest hope is that the playcalling from the 2nd half of GT, 4th quarter at Illinois, and last year at UCF are full of things we save for teams against which we expect to have (or develop) greater need. If not, I do not believe we have a legitimate shot at our first conference championship.

Edited by FazaUSF
Typo
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

1 hour ago, BullDoug said:

Not putting more than $100 on it....but Army did that OU to OT and Old Dominion beat VATech.  This is a good fourth qtr team.  And ECS did put a beat down on UNC which did the same to Pitt today.  Sooo....one game at a time but I expect another Houston 2017 type game in 2018.

and the bizarre thing is that Ga Tech got smoked by Pitt. None of these things seem to follow any logical relations. But NC also played ECU with 13 players suspended.

my take-- (not related to dougs post--- just general thoughts).

Some folks act like BB has been around this program long enough to develop into the system. He shows flashes of brilliance and other times is just lost out there. But this is a positive for USF vs UCF for one reason-- he has all these games before we play them last to keep improving and working with the offense. He has less than a single season of live college experience. Age 22 or not-- he is looking at this game with practically sophomore eyes at best. He was the unexpected addition after QF left-- and clearly a better choice than our young replacements. But he's so green-- regardless of age-- just not enough snaps to call him a veteran out there OR expect veteran results.

Hey== that is just one example (an important one for sure) of this team equation. That we are winning but still not fully formed as a team is pretty fortunate. So much room to grow during October and three less threatening teams to do it against (UMass, Tulsa, UConn) before we get a stiff test from Houston. The schedule is our friend in this process. Just hope we get there as a team in time to make it matter at the end.

Can we win the AAC? Yes. I'd give us a 75% shot at this time of making it happen even with tonight's showing because we have some time to grow and get there. Winning the games -- as we all know-- is another matter entirely.

Edited by MikeG
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Not comfortable with the thought of Houston's offense against our defense. Luckily, Houston's defense apparently isn't great this year either though, and we can score when we're on. Should be fun.

Not to mention our offense or special teams...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

If the opposing defense plays 2 safeties deep we completely shut down. It’s what we’ve done the past two games. Our solution has been to run the ball up the middle. I saw very little diversity with the offense tonight, and Wilcox getting hurt shouldn’t have had much play into that. I find it very hard to believe that we don’t have another capable tight end to catch the ball up the middle. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

If the opposing defense plays 2 safeties deep we completely shut down. It’s what we’ve done the past two games. Our solution has been to run the ball up the middle. I saw very little diversity with the offense tonight, and Wilcox getting hurt shouldn’t have had much play into that. I find it very hard to believe that we don’t have another capable tight end to catch the ball up the middle. 

Do we not have any slant plays or WR running through the middle on short/med passes. I am starting to wonder if we only have the Bible passes to the side and the bomb as our only two pass plays. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Do we not have any slant plays or WR running through the middle on short/med passes. I am starting to wonder if we only have the Bible passes to the side and the bomb as our only two pass plays. 

That’s honestly what it seems. If someone can show me different, be my guest. We looked better in the 4th quarter last week but our playbook, yet again, looks very slim and predictable. Congrats, the one “statement” when we have came against FCS. For those saying “be happy with 4-0,” I absolutely am. I wouldn’t trade it. But we’re showing teams that we’re easy to plan for and that they can hang with us. I can’t imagine that we’re putting much fear into any team we play at this point, and in fact I’m sure some are antsy to play us. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NJUSFBULL said:

Look at the difference in points allowed between the East and the West!

Must be the B12 influence