• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this a team that can really win the AAC Championship?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

It's not C that worries me, it is Houston, We have to get through that first. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because of there games agains Uconn, SC state and FAU?

It doesn’t matter. Like it didn’t last year. C. destroyed weak teams and beat stronger teams, including us and teams arguably better than us. You can put your faith in the quality of C.’s opponents if you like,  but I’m focused on the quality of our team right now. And I’m just not convinced. I haven’t seen a convincing win out of our team this year yet. On the other hand, I’ve seen plenty of convincing wins out of C. 

5 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

It's not C that worries me, it is Houston, We have to get through that first. 

We won’t. We had our shot last year and blew it.

Edited by TallyBull

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

It doesn’t matter. Like it didn’t last year. C. destroyed weak teams and beat stronger teams, including us and teams arguably better than us. You can put your faith in the quality of C.’s opponents if you like,  but I’m focused on the quality of our team right now. And I’m just not convinced. I haven’t seen a convincing win out of our team this year yet. On the other hand, I’ve seen plenty of convincing wins out of C. 

We won’t. We had our shot last year and blew it.

That's actually okay. This season has been a pleasant surprise we didn't think we would be undefeated at this point. We didn't know what we had at QB and we knew we had weaknesses. BB turned out to be the real deal and we need to build around him, next year is going to be yet another chance if this one doesn't pan out. But if somehow it happens this year I will be thrilled beyond all belief.  I just don't know if our line is big enough and up for the task all season. 

Just now, SpeedyBull said:

That's actually okay. This season has been a pleasant surprise we didn't think we would be undefeated at this point. We didn't know what we had at QB and we knew we had weaknesses. BB turned out to be the real deal and we need to build around him, next year is going to be yet another chance if this one doesn't pan out. But if somehow it happens this year I will be thrilled beyond all belief.  I just don't know if our line is big enough and up for the task all season. 

Agreed. I mean, they’re undefeated, so that’s obviously good. I just have a dimmer view of their overall prospects this season than most folks, I guess. Would love to be wrong.

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

Agreed. I mean, they’re undefeated, so that’s obviously good. I just have a dimmer view of their overall prospects this season than most folks, I guess. Would love to be wrong.

lets assume we lost 2 games, after losing QF last year if we knew we would come right back and go 10-2  we would be stoked. I think we are on track to at least get 10-2. We do have a chance at winning out and that would be the ride of a lifetime, but we are only 2 very probable wins away from bowl eligible 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

We have plenty of talent, good coaches and a young motivated team. These are kids and they will have good days and bad days. The fact that we won on a bad day is a good sign. A win is a win is a win. Let's not get all caught up in this what if's and hypotheticals. Absolutely we can this thing!! I'll take a 1 point win every single week. In years past, we would have lost this game in grand USF fashion. The fact that with CCS we are able to still win a lot of these close ones is encouraging to me. Let's move forward and continue to improve. Go Bulls!!

Just now, SpeedyBull said:

lets assume we lost 2 games, after losing QF last year if we knew we would come right back and go 10-2  we would be stoked. I think we are on track to at least get 10-2. We do have a chance at winning out and that would be the ride of a lifetime, but we are only 2 very probable wins away from bowl eligible 

Anything short of an AAC title (or at least playing for one) would be disappointing to me. I get that the players care, but I don’t really care about bowl eligibility more. Would rather be bowl eligible than not, but not by much tbh.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

Anything short of an AAC title (or at least playing for one) would be disappointing to me. I get that the players care, but I don’t really care about bowl eligibility more. Would rather be bowl eligible than not, but not by much tbh.

Oh I agree, I want to get to that point, but fact we are reloading not rebuilding is a pleasant treat this year. I didn't expect us to be right back in the hunt after our graduates left. Hopeful that we would be but didn't expect it. I think what we are seeing on the board now is that we do expect it, and also have the possibility to achieve it if a few more key games go our way. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

It pains me to say this, but unlike last year, we will get destroyed by C. unless something changes in a hurry. All three phases. 

Totally agree. We are no where near their effectiveness on offense. It would not be a shootout like last year as I don’t think we can keep up