• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Penalties

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Shameful on the Bulls penalties tonight, especially the false starts.  Agree the horse collar call was crap ... I didn't see him grab the neck/collar area.  Could be wrong.  

He grabbed the outside of the pads...it wasn’t a horse collar 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

He grabbed the outside of the pads...it wasn’t a horse collar 

That's what I thought.  Sure didn't need that one.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

At least 3 killed drives where we probably would have scored - the personal foul penalty on the 23 in the first quarter in particular almost cost us the game (considering that it took away a first down, forced a punt and Illinois scored their only touchdown on the ensuing possession)

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Most the calls were really borderline, roughing the passer low hit (it was below the waist but above the knee, used to be the classical tackling position), didn't see the tripping call, horse collar, not illegal to grab outside of pads (illegal to grab inner edge of pads or neckline of shirt), roughing the kicker bumping into the foot after the foot is already down is not a roughing penalty at best it is running into the kicker most times, (normally this is not called), the clipping penalty (supposedly because he wasn't squared up) but helmet was in front and above the knee (I thought clipping required hitting someone below the knee). 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Buller64 said:

Most the calls were really borderline, roughing the passer low hit (it was below the waist but above the knee, used to be the classical tackling position), didn't see the tripping call, horse collar, not illegal to grab outside of pads (illegal to grab inner edge of pads or neckline of shirt), roughing the kicker bumping into the foot after the foot is already down is not a roughing penalty at best it is running into the kicker most times, (normally this is not called), the clipping penalty (supposedly because he wasn't squared up) but helmet was in front and above the knee (I thought clipping required hitting someone below the knee). 

I thought the horse coller was legitimate. They showed an angle from behind the play and the USF player did have it. Further, whenever a  runners knee gets caught back the way the   Illinois’ players did it’s usually a horse collar. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

We were killing ourselves.  But two of those calls were really crap calls.  The tripping and the horse collar.  On the horse collar, you could see the head ref asking the guy that threw the flag if he was sure that it was a horse collar.  Looking at the replay, our guy had him by the shoulders

If those two were our only problems, I wouldn't think twice. Unfortunately, we had a ton of horrible penalties that were 100% our fault. Offsides on a kickoff? Too many men on the field. God knows how many false starts and such. Sloppy game and we looked completely lost at times.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

The roughing the passer on Khalid McGee was not a good call.  McGee was going for the waist but the QB jumped and he hit the QB in the legs as he was completing his throwing motion.  That led to an Illinois FG from the  26 yard line.   Bear in mind that was after USF had the illegal participation penalty on 4th down when  Illinois as punting the ball.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I forgot about that one, and the roughing the kicker call.

the roughing the kicker was the correct call.  Can't hit the plant foot.  I wasn't paying attention on the tripping, but I heard the announcers confirm it and even pointed it out.  I was in the car for the horse collar and radio guys questioned it.  Guess it looked like a horse collar i full game speed.

The play was sloppy.  Can't blame all of it on officials

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

27 minutes ago, Buller64 said:

roughing the kicker bumping into the foot after the foot is already down is not a roughing penalty at best it is running into the kicker most times, (normally this is not called),  

he hit he plant foot and that is roughing.  even if it is running into, then they get a rekick if he missed that long kick so bad either way

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639

It was an improvement on last year's Illinois game, at least!