• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expect to see less of Sawtelle

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

If we don't change to a 5-2 alignment they will eat the 4-2-5 alive.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

Then perhaps a 4-2-5 with Thomas on the Pitch and Sanders cleaning up.

This is what the will be running from what I've been told.

I don't care what they run as long as they limit the damage.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

5 hours ago, usfbullrider said:

The coaches were pretty high on him during camp.  Im wondering if we can move Vjax or has he gotten too slow for LB?  we have a lot of hybrid guys but you gotta be smart.  Ga tech will reveal all.

VJax plays in the hybrid position a lot.  It's where he was when he got the int... he sometimes has his hand on the ground and sometimes he's standing up... sometimes he's backed off the line.  He's still got pretty good speed but he's perfect for the 3-3-5 system we normally run.  I dont think you'll see him playing LB though, he's developed into a really nice college DE... it's his best position. n

Boyles is a beast.  He's the Baby Faced Assassin! His high school tapes are ridiculous. Also I think he was around for spring ball so he's up on things.  He can hit too! I think he'll eventually sit Sawtelle because he's that good. 

I really don't think Georgia Tech is going to move the ball up and down the field like people think, speed can kill the triple option and we have a lot of it on defense.  I think Strong has defended enough triple option in his career to understand how to beat it.  We have the guys to execute it which is why I think he has the quiet confidence going into the game.  Elon had success when we backed off into that nickel with the LBs nearly 5 yards off the oline... we don't do that against GT I can assure you that.  I think it's a really good matchup for us.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, MDBull20 said:

Bentlee Sanders seems like the perfect guy to be the safety that takes away the pitch.

He had a tremendous game.  RS freshman.  Hope he can continue.  In one of the post game video he talked about how he's always around the ball.  That was backed up on video.  Like this kid a lot.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

You guys are right on Sawtelle. Last year and last week he looks indecisive. He's faster than Augie was which helps him recover and get to the ball but mostly late. Augie was savy and read plays well which made up for his speed. You knew he had the middle but hopefully didn't have to cover a receiver. I think that young man will make a good coach one day. 

I worry about our middle linebacker spot this year. We need a killer who can react fast, hit hard. Hope this week CCS & D coach have this figured out. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, BulledOver said:

You guys are right on Sawtelle. Last year and last week he looks indecisive. He's faster than Augie was which helps him recover and get to the ball but mostly late. Augie was savy and read plays well which made up for his speed. You knew he had the middle but hopefully didn't have to cover a receiver. I think that young man will make a good coach one day. 

I worry about our middle linebacker spot this year. We need a killer who can react fast, hit hard. Hope this week CCS & D coach have this figured out. 

This is Boyles to a T. The kid can play. I hate counting on True Freshman to come in and hold down the fort, but he’s the Mike for the future. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Sawtelle will get plenty of burn on Saturday.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

On 9/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, Calibull said:

VJax plays in the hybrid position a lot.  It's where he was when he got the int... he sometimes has his hand on the ground and sometimes he's standing up... sometimes he's backed off the line.  He's still got pretty good speed but he's perfect for the 3-3-5 system we normally run.  I dont think you'll see him playing LB though, he's developed into a really nice college DE... it's his best position. n

Boyles is a beast.  He's the Baby Faced Assassin! His high school tapes are ridiculous. Also I think he was around for spring ball so he's up on things.  He can hit too! I think he'll eventually sit Sawtelle because he's that good. 

I really don't think Georgia Tech is going to move the ball up and down the field like people think, speed can kill the triple option and we have a lot of it on defense.  I think Strong has defended enough triple option in his career to understand how to beat it.  We have the guys to execute it which is why I think he has the quiet confidence going into the game.  Elon had success when we backed off into that nickel with the LBs nearly 5 yards off the oline... we don't do that against GT I can assure you that.  I think it's a really good matchup for us.

I agree that speed is needed, but DISCIPLINE is even more essential. Players have to stay in their lane and play their assignment. You can't over-pursue and you can't get out of position. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

19 hours ago, Brad said:

He had a tremendous game.  RS freshman.  Hope he can continue.  In one of the post game video he talked about how he's always around the ball.  That was backed up on video.  Like this kid a lot.

Said the same thing I liked him allot in the video I saw....He could become a really good one  with time.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

Where is Cecil Cherry and Nick Holman when you need them..

What ever happened to Andre Polk... He was suppose to be a monster for us... Jimmy Bayes too...