• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

They're all tough ... (charsibb post from TripleB)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/3/2018 at 9:45 PM, Bausfkid said:

I too was blessed to meet Charlie.  Our first meeting was when I took him to see USF WBB at MD.  Had a blast and yucked it like we were old friends.  We kept in touch and met a few more times.  My hope is he's driving his VW Bus around heaven having a blast.

RIP my friend.  

Had a great experience the plan was to drive  from MD to philly to she the MBB play Temple found ourselves at TGIFridays in Newark Delaware instead watching the game think was 2013

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

In Charlie's honor may it all come down to Thanksgiving Friday this year and may he step in with a grand finale miracle as our Bulls run off the field the victors.  I miss you buddy!

Go Bulls!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Gosh... I'm sad.  Cancer sucks.  Charsibb was one of the few people who could make fun of me, get me to make fun of myself and laugh about it. I wish I'd had the chance to meet him... I know I met a few people over they years but never him.  I'm genuinely sad... I used enjoyed is humor and sarcasm.  I hope he knew how much I respected him and his opinions.  I'm literally tearing as I write this... I'll stop... I'll really miss you buddy.  💚💛

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

RIP Charlie. I believe I met him in person only once (San Jose '17 maybe). Seemed like a really nice guy.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

I met him in San Jose last year too. He was giving Harlan an earful at the Alumni Meetup the night before the game. It was great.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

On 9/3/2018 at 7:55 PM, Triple B said:

... but this one's a little tougher having met Charlie (charsibb) for the first time last December, and then had a blast watching our latest defense of that Vulcan trophy with him.

Charlie PM'd me in July that he was going in for surgery on a huge tumor in the groin area and wasn't sure he was coming out then. He was setting me up at that time for notifying the board and the spreading of a portion of his ashes in the Bull fountain on campus. He came thru but was pretty certain he wouldn't see Christmas.

Got the call last Thursday from him saying his vital organs were shutting down and he probably wouldn't make it thru the weekend. He sounded awesome (said it was the Percocet) and we had a great 20 minute conversation .... but it was also one of the most surreal, most uplifting and most depressing conversations that I've ever had, triggering a flood of emotions when I hung up. His nephew's email arrived this afternoon.

This is hard to read.  I never met Charlie, but he invited me to join him for the Navy game a few years back.  Last minute, he told me he had something come up and could not join us.  He later told me he was taking a break from the blog, but we were thrilled when he came back.  What a great life he led, and I'm happy to know he kept his humor & perspective till the end.  This is another reminder that while we joust with each other at times, we're still family.

Rest in Peace, Charlie...and GO BULLS!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

7 hours ago, pascobull said:

RIP Charlie. I believe I met him in person only once (San Jose '17 maybe). Seemed like a really nice guy.

OH gosh... I did meet him at San Jose State.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Best thing about Charlie was that he was truly the model message board poster.  He was funny, he added valuable insight in many of his posts, rarely if ever got personal unless it was in a positive manner (I can attest that he shepherded me in that manner) and he was positive almost all the time- except he did think CCS was "gutless," which probably became more of a joke with him in recent months than anything.  :D

I've been thinking of him a lot this week.  He had really become a friend and I learned a lot from him.  It's going to be hard posting here knowing he is gone forever, but I think the best way I can honor him is to try to post in the same manner he did moving forward.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

So when are we meeting up to raise a glass to his memory?